Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

just a kazoo
Mar 7, 2018
Proposed Budget:
Aiming for close to or under $10k

New or Used:
Used, but newer than 2012 or so and with under 90k miles

Body Style:
4-door, I've been leaning towards small cars when I do test drives but planning to use it for rideshare

How will you be using the car?:
I'm planning to do ride share in my area to get myself some income as I'm currently underemployed. I'll also be using the vehicle for personal transport for any work I might find that needs transportation.

Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos?
I don't need luxury but I want a car that is capable of working with my smartphone and have features that will give any passengers comfort but also stand up to the test of time so nothing too fancy.

What aspects are most important to you?
I want something that is going to hold value and be very dependable over 5-10 years.

I've been told that when you're doing ride share a Prius is the way to go but in my area (Pacific Northwest) they seem to be a bit over priced. I've been leaning towards getting a ~2013 Golf TDI because they are in high supply and I can imagine it standing up to the test of time quite well.

Is there a good ride share thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just a kazoo
Mar 7, 2018
I need a car regardless, I have spare time and people in our area are making $20-$30/hr currently doing ride share. I have student debts as well but a used car loan has more immediate value than my degree apparently. Is this the financial advice thread?

just a kazoo
Mar 7, 2018
If I come out making minimum wage and have a car that allows me to do everything else I need to do I'm set. I just need some source of income while I look for more work in my field. I'm a good driver, used to drive a taxi but the companies in this town suck rear end (made less than minimum working for them). I just want to be able to work for myself. Better than sitting on my rear end playing apex.

just a kazoo
Mar 7, 2018
I've run the numbers, I can limit the overhead of the car to under $500 a month and with the amount of free time I have I'll make that back and then some no problem.