Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Proposed Budget: Under $30K
New or Used: New
Body Style: Hatchback or Crossover
How will you be using the car?: General use: Commuting to work, weekend activity, irregular 3 hour drives to and from relatives. Eventually expect to have kids to move about
What aspects are most important to you?: Reliability, decent power (not crazy but enough to not worry about hills or accelerating to highway speeds), fuel efficiency, comfort, cargo

My old Focus ZX3 is really showing its age now and I'm looking to get a new car. My parents have a new(ish) Subaru Forester and I'm definitely interested in the crossover concept. No real interest in a sedan as I luke the more flexible cargo options and I would like a minimum of 24 mpg city to match what I am getting now in my Focus.

Currently considering a Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring so something with comparable features would be nice but isn't a necessity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The Crosstrek is the entry-level crossover for Subaru so it's not going to get as many features as the Forester or Outback. The Outback has the most features, but the Outback's options for engine is 2.4 4-cyl or 3.6 6-cyl while the Forester gets the 2.0XT that's far peppier.

I've been looking at them as well as the CX-5 as I posted earlier and IMO the Outback's in a bad spot for the engines and all. The 6-cyl loses too much MPG for its power. If they had the 2.0XT for the Outback I'd get it in a heartbeat.