Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Your QUESTIONNAIRE
Proposed Budget: $24,000-$28,000
New or Used: I prefer a new car honestly but as I mention in my backstory at the bottom, I AM looking on https://www.offleaseonly.com since I am in SOUTH FLORIDA.
Body Style: I'm having a kid, so I prefer 3-4 door. Right now I really dig the Veloster Turbo but the chat thread said maybe I should just let the guy shoot me.
How will you be using the car?: I commute an average of 36-45 miles 5 days a week to work and tend to drive a bit otherwise as well due to living in such a spread out city (Miami)
Do you prefer a luxury vehicle with all the gizmos?) Uh honestly I'd like to have a car with bluetooth that will work well with my phone as well as a screen so I can play poo poo on for the baby to see or whatever it is they do when they're born.
What aspects are most important to you? Probably RELIABILITY, MPG, value retention, AND SAFETY for the family. Oh and I prefer hatchbacks or crossovers (think JUKE LOL).

The Backstory:
I have a simple question for you all. Let's say someone had a gun to your head and said, "Motherfucker you better wake the gently caress up. You just wrecked your car and you need to get something new with the insurance settlement. These are the options you have because I only like hatchbacks."

He gave me these options:

Mini Cooper S
Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Ford C-MAX SEL
or just a loving big Cooper

All are more or less in the same price range which I'm ok with, I just don't want to get shot in the head, ya dig? Oh by the way, the company I works for allows us to purchase the following cars at invoice pricing through passport unlimited for the following companies; Ford, Hyundai, SAAB, Volvo, Audi, VW. So if you guys have any other options or cars I should look at, let me know. The car I wrecked was a 2006 Mazda 3 hatchback that I loved dearly but I'd rather a car that may hold it's value a little stronger. This is my first car purchase that I'm doing some relative research on, so bear with me please.

Help me A.I., you're my only hope.

BY THE WAY I'M HAVING A BABY SO THE VELOSTER IS MY #1 CHOICE RIGHT NOW WITH THAT 3RD DOOR

edit: I've also been looking at this site http://www.offleaseonly.com since I am in South Florida. If any of you want to take a gander and tell me what you think, DO IT BABY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Look into the Mazda even though I get those discounts with the companies I listed?

p.s. I'm a big pussy and don't know how to drive manual. The Focus only comes manual it looks like.

Shampy fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 11, 2014

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If you sit down and think about it you're basically getting an extra 25% space within your vehicle. This will be amazing for when you buy furniture at IKEA or get a dog.

Hatchback or nothing. I will never go back.