Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baja Mofufu
Feb 7, 2004

stubblyhead posted:

She's a lifelong Chevy lover, and the Focus is, in her words, "a car for tweaker dirtbags."

Did you test drive both? We're buying a new car at the end of the month and initially wanted the Cruze Eco, but after driving the Cruze (& Cruze Eco), Focus, Elantra, Jetta, Corolla, and Civic, the Focus won hands down. We did have to special order one because the combination of options we wanted didn't exist in the country (mainly because of the manual transmission). It's too bad that you can only get a manual Focus with SE trim (unless you're in Canada), but we weren't looking to drop a ton of money anyway.

With an X-plan discount and Private Cash (-$750) coupon from Ford, it's coming in at $21K out the door. We got to the point of pricing out a Cruze with the dealer, and I don't see how you're spending that much. If I were spending $25K I would expect something better that a Cruze. The handling was worse, there was less power, the seats were more uncomfortable (we didn't try the LTZ though), and the interior plastics felt cheaper. It was nice to have a 6-speed on the Cruze, but not enough to sway us, even though my husband is eligible for an employee discount. Of course, the GM employee discount for the Cruze is so bad that you could probably bargain a better deal...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU