Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackRider
Dec 28, 2004
Edit: nevermind. I don't want to get into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackRider
Dec 28, 2004

shredswithpiks posted:

I dunno what the rest of the budget looks like, but on $4k a month it should be feasible to save up and buy a $10-$15k car in cash within a year or so. There's really no reason to complicate the process and get into a lease just because you can't wait a year to have a nice shiny toy to tool around town in.

You aren't listening. He can afford it AND putting extra money into a savings account is POINTLESS!

BlackRider
Dec 28, 2004
I was confused for two pages until I finally realized the point that was being made was:

Leasing a BRAND NEW loving CAR is better than buying a BRAND NEW loving CAR.

Okay, great.

I'm with Leperfish on this one. Most people don't care enough about driving a new car even if they can afford it. Considering that most families are more concerned about how they are going to get their kids through school or even make ends meet, a new car isn't ever a good financial decision. Most people in this forum are in school, just graduated, or early in their career where a new car is a terrible financial decision.

Good information on leasing though - I think it's widely misunderstood and as you've proved, it's not inherently bad if you're in a situation where you want a brand new vehicle.