Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Hey all! Looking for a new mid-to-small sized truck or van, settling pretty hard on a Honda Ridgeline, but I haven’t signed yet, would love extra opinions.

Proposed Budget: $40,000
New or Used: New
Body Style: 2 or 4 door, 6-8 foot bed.
How will you be using the car?: I do construction and repair on remote mountain sites, often on dirt roads with tight turning radii. I live in an old town with steeeep paved roads. Need to haul non-weatherproof electronics and tools daily, but lumber and metal at least once every month.
What aspects are most important to you? Reliability, fuel economy, handling, cubic-foot carry capacity.

I haven’t looked into vans much, Consumer Reports is all I trust and they don’t keep up. Ridgeline is at the top right now, probably with a camper shell, and the lane assist looks nice for the quarterly 3 hour drive to the nearest city, yearly cross-country trip to visit family. I’ve already skipped oooking at the Ford Transit from reliability issues I’ve seen, but I know Nissan, Mercedes, and Dodge have decent cargo vans. What’s worth it? Any daily-use problems folks have heard or seen about the Ridgeline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

zapplez posted:

Current Gen Ridgeline or prev gen?

Either way, they are great choices. If I didn't need a full size for my side business, the Ridgeline would be my dream truck.

Toyota used to be the king of pratical and reliable trucks, but their models barely changed over 10 years. Dodge is cheap but breaks. Ford is moderate expensive and has some neat tech but their eco-boosts explode. The chevys are expensive and break.

Notice a trend here?

Buy the ridgeline if you need a truck, assuming you arent occasionally hauling cattle or whatever.

Thanks!

Current gen, natch. I put in with the local dealer. Just gotta catch the RTL-E or Black Edition (SO EDGY) when the next right one gets allocated.