Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Yeah I'm gonna put my two cents in and repeat what I said before. There is a lot more that money could be going towards than dumping it mindlessly into an excessive car at your salary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Phone posted:

A lot of people like to poo poo on the Mustang. It's not necessarily pretty, but it will definitely get the job done for the least amount of cash.

It just doesn't feel good in everyday driving situations :smith:

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

ilkhan posted:

Depends on what you want, a car or an appliance. Mine is just fine for what I want, albeit it's getting up there in age.

But there are so many cars that are quick but still feel good driving every day... why settle?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Proposed Budget: 5-10k
Used?: Used
Body Style: sedan or smaller
How will you be using? Learning stick, good weather fun car
Gizmos? None, already have other cars for that. Seriously manual windows No AC is fine, less stuff to fix.
Most important aspects: Is manual, RHD (i live in the USA)

I've gotten to the highest license level for our internal high speed testing that can still use automatic during testing. The recommendation from the instructors is to continue, but learn stick first.
I'd like to have a RHD stick since when driving stick for my job and travel it will be 98% of the time RHD.

To be more of a twit about this, I'd really really want to avoid Chrysler products because I've already wasted too much of my life fixing them and having near death experiences with catastrophic suspension failures at speed.

I can do maintenance and fix things but would rather avoid having to strip entire interiors or deal with rust. I don't want a restoration project.

Is this at all possible?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Hmm, its about what I thought. There are a ton of those grey market import websites where you have to fill out your port of call, would like to avoid that.

I found this place: http://www.japaneseclassicsllc.com/
Are there any more places like it? It'd own walking out with a titled car, but they are really heavy on the skylines and tend to have stuff that has lovely audio systems installed, dumb gauges punched through the dash, or stanced. I guess that's because it sells but any run of the mill OEM stuff would be ok.
Also importing has the plus side of not being 25 years to the midwest rust as well...