Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I've got a not-so-hot budget and I've been looking at the 2017 Chevy Spark. I know it's a clown car, but I've heard that it got a passable safety rating, a rarity for the compact market. The $10k pricetag is about right, too. Has anyone heard anything good or bad regarding this year's Spark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Is there any reason you aren't shopping used cars with that budget?

I had considered a few of the earlier sedans, but the monthly payment they showed me was fairly reasonable and the 10 year warranty was really enticing.

One caveat I forgot to mention is I have to stick with Chevy; I've got family willing to kick in a bit on the condition it's Chevy.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Anyone want to ballpark how much I should expect to pay for a 2015 Chevy Malibu LS Fleet with 41k miles on it? I've already been told in thread I'm an idiot once, so I'll just sit down and shut up.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Proposed Budget: 14k
New or Used: Used/Cert.
Body Style: Compact
How will you be using the car?: Commuting
What aspects are most important to you? reliability, MPG, and cost of ownership/maintenance - in that order.

I've seen a few recent model (past three years) Kia Souls around the 11k price point, what else should I look for and avoid?