Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I am also need of car advice!!

Proposed Budget: $8k - $15k
New or Used: Either works, really.
Body Style: Sedan, hatchback, whatever. Just no trucks or vans, really.
How will you be using the car?: Commuting to work ~30 minutes a day. Being capable of long trips if necessary would be beneficial, though they'd be rather infrequent. I'm flexible on seating as a result, though being able to put poo poo in it would be nice.

What aspects are most important to you? Gas mileage, and reliability. Having A/C and cruise control are pretty much mandatory, but beyond that I am pretty flexible. Being cheap would be a definite plus, though.

My 2000 Chevrolet Impala has shat itself repeatedly, and now that its engine is gone (bad fans => blown engine gasket => water in pistons => SO LONG ENGINE!!) and it needs yet another $3500 to get going when it's barely at 100k miles. I am done with GM and its subsidiaries, and I just want a car that will last me awhile. I'm looking to get used hopefully in the <40,000 miles range so I don't need to go through this rigamarole again.

I AM BAD AT CAR SHOPPING AAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
e: Nevermind, did more research

Zorak fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 11, 2012