Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
Just wondering if anyone here has any experience driving a Ford Focus ST?

Been looking at upgrading my 2006 Mazda 3 to something a bit sportier. The VW GTI and Golf R are appealing alternatives (although the Golf R is more expensive than I would like to spend on a car upgrade). This is something that will be used as my daily driver and getting around town for work. I need something for transporting skis/bikes/people and also work samples with lots of storage space in the hatch.

Realistically I would like to spend between $20-25K Canadian on a used 2014 or 2015 model (if it's a Focus ST, otherwise year isn't as relevant) with a second set of winters. Any thoughts or alternative ideas? I was really hoping Subaru was going to announce a new Impreza hatch this year as well which hasn't happened.

I really love the look and styling of the Focus ST and it's definitely pulling me closer over the VW GTI, but I'd love to hear your thoughts. I've considered maybe a small truck also, but I really like the compactness of the newer hatchbacks. Thanks

IKillForPie fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU