Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

clockworkjoe posted:

i'm not going to read it so can you spoil it

Novel spoiler: its a retarded "only in a novel" twist where the protagonist who everyone assumes is the governor "dies" at the end but it turns out its his older brother who's a secondary character in the novel IS the real governor who then takes his brother's name.

The wiki has the full plot summary if you want to get the gist of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

#98 and while me following this relies on this thread I went ahead and checked the preview pages on Conixology and welp :stare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Comixology has a half off sale on all Walking Dead including all 3 omnibus which cover 1-99 so $81 for 3 omnibuses or $80 for 16 volumes (which cover 1-96). Then wait for volume 17 which should cover all of something to fear?

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jul 11, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Neegan seems like a cool dude. Sucks about Glenn but he hasn't been doing anything lately so that's about the safest death we could have gotten and not really as strong as say Andrea, Carl, or even Rick himself would have been. I'm actually disappointed, I was really expecting a real game changer as far as characters and story but nope, we're still stuck with Rick and crew unless 101 begins with Andrea and everyone else back in town getting killed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

He's super dead, man.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The series will end with an adult Carl (and Sophia) as leaders of whatever is left of civilization. He keeps a zombiefied Rick around as an example of everything that was wrong with "surviving".

He's also stone cold badass and has a wolf for a pet because why not.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Neegan won't hold Carl hostage because he knows better. The kid is a cold hearted badass and Neegan respecs that. He'll probably try a Hook and have Carl turn on his weak dad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I like how Negan is treating Carl. I can't tell if he's mocking him or is genuinely impressed by him. Even his "poo poo, my bad" after the wound scene felt genuine. But yeah the last 2 comics have done a hell of a lot to make up with the story and I'm curious as to where things will go from here.

Also, guess we know how that one dude got burnt.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OldMemes posted:

I'm surprised that there haven't been any posts here about the tiger. :catstare:

Ricky's reaction summed it up pretty good. The more insane of a direction they're taking the more interest in it I'm gaining.

But seriously, everything is coming off the rails.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

onefish posted:

Negan would think it was hilarious.

Negan is so loving fun to read. Like he's completely aware of the hosed up situation he's in and he loving loves it.

Him calling out for Carl then going "poo poo, they're really not pushing the kid over are they? gently caress" was hilarious.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Negan gives the best speeches.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

moths posted:

I was trying to explain Negan to a friend who watches the show, and he was like "I hope they get Eli Roth" and I couldn't disagree.

Oh that would be awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well there goes any interest I still had.

Also, here's a panel from #100

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 9, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

Rick is a loving idiot and watch him escape and kill a loved one in 127.

Honestly Rick NEEDS to die.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Risky posted:

Holy poo poo, I cannot believe they time jumped. Any clue to how long it has been since 126? Also, where the gently caress is Michonne?

2 years.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The stupidest thing this book can do is become Crossed so that's what I'm expecting.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GrAviTy84 posted:

Just caught up with issue 137 after bingeing the whole series over the last few weeks.

I don't know what to do with myself now.

Binge on a good comic book.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Might I ask for a brief spoiler summary? sounds interesting.

To add a little more detail:

The whisperers have a HUGE herd under their "control". Their leader tells Rick to gently caress off past their border and to never return or else they'll unleash the herd on Rick's town/land. Also says that Rick will know what their border is. As they're leaving they see a line of sticks with heads on them (those listed above).

Someone mentioned that this book marks the end for the next compendium which "gave away" something big happening given the previous two compendium ends (Lori and Glen).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I fully expect the next issue to open with a shot or someone yelling Rick's name and everyone scrambling towards it only to find Negan chilling on a bench with the dead kid by him and Negan's just smugly using the opportunity to call Rick out on poo poo. Wouldn't be the first time someone goes behind Rick's back to Negan.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bango skank posted:

153: Negans gonna Negan.

That leather jacket though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OldMemes posted:

This is the greatest comic panel in the entire comic.

Going to be a drat shame if I don't get to hear Jeffrey Dean Morgan say this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New issue is out. Negan gonna Negan and everyone here called it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Risky posted:

Total Negan issue this month. Issue delivers the goods.

Negan is my new favorite character.

What do you mean new? He's been my favorite since issue 100.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This Negan guy is pretty loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This issue has the biggest death since Lori. It was good.

• Locked thread