Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N183CS
Feb 21, 2007

MOMS WITH GUNS
Wasn't really mine, but I got to admire it/trip over it in my dads barn every time I went to work on my old Land Rovers. He just sold it 2 weeks ago, unfortunately I live too far away to have bought it.

1966 Moto Guzzi Regolorita ISDT 125, one of only 100 imported to the US. We estimate it had lass than 100 original miles on it when he sold it. The buyer said he was going to use it in vintage trials and races so it's about as close to buying a new 1966 motorcycle in 2009 as you can get.

Oddly enough, it originally came from Alaska, where I now live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N183CS
Feb 21, 2007

MOMS WITH GUNS
I finally got my 51 B33. It resided in my living room until it started stinking up the house. So far I haven't gotten it to run, which means the carb is probably worn. As good as the paint looked on the tank, I decided to rip it all off as it was coming off in big sheets.

Notice the complete lack of primer and huge skim of bondo on what should be a polished and chrome plated tank :gonk: this is gonna get expensive faster than I realized.

N183CS
Feb 21, 2007

MOMS WITH GUNS

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Looks like awesome wiring too

Yeah its pretty lovely, spaghetti tubing and nothing but red wire. My dad has a NOS harness for it so i'll be doing it right.

N183CS
Feb 21, 2007

MOMS WITH GUNS
My BSA project is slowly coming together. In a few days I'll have the super rare rear fender stays I need to locate and drill the holes that have been keeping me from starting the paintwork on the fenders. I had a major issue with a douchey bike dealer in India who sent me the wrong tank then refused to refund my money saying his re-import fee was more than the tank cost. Eventually I threatened him enough with knowingly sending me the wrong part and to my surprise two months later I ended up with the correct tank as well as the wrong one he sent me :woop:. Turns out the dude has an entire website dedicated to stories from people who have been hosed over by him in the past.

As soon as I can get enough reference photos and measurements, the rims, tank an fenders will go out to the paint shop for red paint with gold pinstripes. The tank will retain about 1/3 of the chrome visible. As crude as these old bikes were they sure knew how to style them 60 years ago.

N183CS
Feb 21, 2007

MOMS WITH GUNS

LobsterboyX posted:

Did I miss anymore posts about this bike?

In other words... Whats up bro?

Nope I haven't posted much about my progress because I was dealing with the jackass in India for so long, I haven't gotten much done. I got the pushrod stack polished, replaced every fastener on the bike so far with stainless whitworth and have the new tank now. If the ebay gods smile on me tonight I'll have the correct rear fender stays and then it's a matter of finishing my crude lovely indian fenders and getting things painted. Once paint is done I'll yank the engine and trans and tear them down. I even tracked down an original inner transmission diaphragm to replace the one on it which has the clutch cable keeper bister off and jb welded back on. I just don't have room for all the bike parts in the small back room of my house right now so the cosmetic restoration is the priority because the bike runs ok for now.

vorhese posted:

I'm currently dealing with a vendor who hosed me over. Currently owes me almost $300 for non-shippsed parts.
In fact the vendor is:
British Cycles LTD
Grass Valley, CA

Nope this was a dude in India, every google search I find has him listed under different names and different business names but all the same guy. He refused to give me a return address and used a forwarding service to send the tank so there's no way I can return the drat thing.

• Locked thread