Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!
'73 Yamaha LT2 $730

Click here for the full 1944x1458 image.

Click here for the full 1639x1229 image.

There's really no problem riding it as is, but it does need a chain, sprocket, tires, better suspension, a passenger peg fixed, and oversized piston + boring.

'77 Suzuki GS400X $45 + $509.39 in parts so far = $554.39

Click here for the full 1536x1152 image.

This bike's current state is frame, handlebars, wheels, rear suspension. Everything else is in boxes. There are many, many pretty parts waiting it. Time's available, just no money for other missing parts or doing things like powder coating the frame right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!

yummycheese posted:

The paint on that Suzuki and the trailer are a perfect match.

Isn't it scary? I'm thinking whenever the new tank and tail get painted I'll go with a darker, deeper shade of blue. Something like...

Gnomad posted:

The best part of owning and older bike is watching the reaction of the checkbook chopper owner when you ride in to a gathering and all the riders walk right past his bike to have a look at yours. He's got more money in his handlebars than you have in your whole bike and who gets the attention? :smug:

No kidding. Someone asked Nerobro if he was selling my LT2 while he was riding it. He said the owner was inside if the person wanted to wait to ask. They did not. Probably because I'd tell them hell no.

kdc67 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 23, 2009

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!

Tamir Lenk posted:

I, too, have a pre-1980 ride.

It's a 1978 GS750 that I've overhauled.

Here is the "before" picture:

Here she is now:

Probably going to change the color scheme and swap out the gauge cluster next.

Yeah, that style really doesn't work for 750s. If you had done it to a 400, sure. Anything over that is just dumb because of how big the bikes are. Suzuki's red on the GSes is one of the most gorgeous reds. The new paint job looks like poo poo.

• Locked thread