Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....
So I just watched the pilot. And while I enjoyed it, I find it to be incredibly slow. Is the rest of the show this slow? Should I keep watching? I mean I can understand it being this slow because they are setting up the characters and what not, but if the rest of the episodes are this slow I don't think I can watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

.Ataraxia. posted:

So I just watched the pilot. And while I enjoyed it, I find it to be incredibly slow. Is the rest of the show this slow? Should I keep watching? I mean I can understand it being this slow because they are setting up the characters and what not, but if the rest of the episodes are this slow I don't think I can watch it.

You're right about the pilot containing lots of (necessary) exposition, but the rest of Season 1 and the first third of Season 2 are quite awesome. Special Agent Dale Cooper is the best character on the show by far, and he will have a lot more screen time in the episodes to come. Stick it out at least another episode or two, and you'll also encounter the great Albert Rosenfield. If you aren't won over by then, Twin Peaks just isn't for you.

Keep in mind there are some stupid, boring characters and pointless, meandering subplots along the way, but those don't start feeling oppressive until later in Season 2.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Here's something I never really saw confirmed: Who (or what, even) were the black-clad characters in the background of Season 1? I mean, some of them might have been red herrings or for intimidation, but did we ever really find out who came to visit Leo? Or any other times they showed up?

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

You're right about the pilot containing lots of (necessary) exposition, but the rest of Season 1 and the first third of Season 2 are quite awesome. Special Agent Dale Cooper is the best character on the show by far, and he will have a lot more screen time in the episodes to come. Stick it out at least another episode or two, and you'll also encounter the great Albert Rosenfield. If you aren't won over by then, Twin Peaks just isn't for you.

Keep in mind there are some stupid, boring characters and pointless, meandering subplots along the way, but those don't start feeling oppressive until later in Season 2.

So I kept watching for two more episodes, and I'm glad I did. As soon as I saw the midget from Carnivale, the deal was sealed.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
So I watched through the Laura Palmer murder arc a few weeks ago and then just kind of stopped watching for a while. I only started watching again yesterday because I figure I've only got 11 episodes (and a movie) left, and I heard it gets good again near the end, but yeah without the central premise the show is pretty much meandering aimlessly now. I don't find myself caring about any of these silly storylines, especially James and the random battered wife or Nadine having a crush on Mike.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

qbert posted:

So I watched through the Laura Palmer murder arc a few weeks ago and then just kind of stopped watching for a while. I only started watching again yesterday because I figure I've only got 11 episodes (and a movie) left, and I heard it gets good again near the end, but yeah without the central premise the show is pretty much meandering aimlessly now. I don't find myself caring about any of these silly storylines, especially James and the random battered wife or Nadine having a crush on Mike.

Believe me, it gets worse. But I stuck it out and the last few episodes made it all worth it. I and others have said it's not really that big of a shock what the final outcome is, but actually seeing it blew my mind. I couldn't believe they went there, and the finale was one of the most cynical series finales I've ever seen. It really is like David Lynch just said "gently caress this poo poo!" and undid what the other writers tried to do to the series.

I do think it's odd, though, that David Lynch agreed to keep going on as Gordon Cole and participating in some of the inanity. You'd think he would've said "No, absolutely not, I'm not going to be part of a plot this sappy."

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Tewratomeh posted:

the finale was one of the most cynical series finales I've ever seen. It really is like David Lynch just said "gently caress this poo poo!" and undid what the other writers tried to do to the series.

Haha, that was my thought exactly the first time I watched it. "gently caress you, gently caress you, Annie you're cool, gently caress you!"

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

SaviourX posted:

Here's something I never really saw confirmed: Who (or what, even) were the black-clad characters in the background of Season 1? I mean, some of them might have been red herrings or for intimidation, but did we ever really find out who came to visit Leo? Or any other times they showed up?

It was definitely Leland at the gazebo watching Maddie & Jacoby. I remember one other time when there was a black-clad figure, when Mike & Bobby met Leo in the woods and he throws the football at them. Did they ever actually show a figure there, I only remember them saying "Is there somebody with you?". Was there another instance of a black-clad figure?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

Haha, that was my thought exactly the first time I watched it. "gently caress you, gently caress you, Annie you're cool, gently caress you!"

The one thing that actually bothered me was, without getting too spoiler-y: *kaboom!*

I was pretty much frozen in shock from that point on. I really couldn't believe that Lynch would even give the big "gently caress you!" to them (not even putting it in spoiler tags, it's too out-of-loving-nowhere).

Bluebottle
Jan 30, 2008
So... Twin Peaks first aired 20 years ago today.

Also, Major Briggs was awesome.

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!
Hate to bump an old thread, but I'm in the middle of season 2 and I've got a lot of questions left unresolved thus far:

LIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD

1. What the hell did "There is a man in the bag that smile" or whatever mean? I know Cooper took it to mean Jacque Renault was dead, but at which point did the bag smile? And how was that a revelation?

2. What prompted Donna to start smoking and be a bad girl at the start of season 2?

3. What does the 3/3 domino that Hank sucks on whenever he sees Josie mean?

4. What's the big overarching connection between Ben, Catherine, Josie, Mr. Lee, Hank, and Leo? All I can really understand is Ben and Catherine hired Leo to burn the mill down and I don't know why. It seems like they were trying to gain financial control of the town but how could that happen with Josie still in the picture? And what's the deal with the two ledgers for the mill?

Season 1 was much better paced and interesting, Season 2 is alright but I've been kind of struggling to hang on.

Doctor Claw fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 12, 2010

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Doctor Claw posted:

Hate to bump an old thread, but I'm in the middle of season 2 and I've got a lot of questions left unresolved thus far:

LIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD

1. What the hell did "There is a man in the bag that smile" or whatever mean? I know Cooper took it to mean Jacque Renault was dead, but at which point did the bag smile? And how was that a revelation?
There's a bag hanging on a wall in the shape of a smile.

quote:

2. What prompted Donna to start smoking and be a bad girl at the start of season 2?
My interpretation is that when she started wearing Laura's sunglasses, it affected her and made her feel a bit like Laura, like her lifestyle. Whether it was all in her mind, or there was something magicky about it, doesn't really matter. Makes more sense in the context of FWWM, where Laura freaks out when Donna puts on her shirt or bra or something at the bar

quote:

3. What does the 3/3 domino that Hank sucks on whenever he sees Josie mean?
:iiam: I think speculation is that's how many people he's killed, but nothing is ever said anywhere about it so it's just guesses

quote:

4. What's the big overarching connection between Ben, Catherine, Josie, Mr. Lee, Hank, and Leo? All I can really understand is Ben and Catherine hired Leo to burn the mill down and I don't know why. It seems like they were trying to gain financial control of the town but how could that happen with Josie still in the picture? And what's the deal with the two ledgers for the mill?

My take on it is that Catherine had been embezzling for years and didn't want to get caught. It's common when embezzling to have two sets of books -- one accurate one so you can keep track of what's really going one, and one set of "cooked" books to make everything look proper.

quote:

Season 1 was much better paced and interesting, Season 2 is alright but I've been kind of struggling to hang on.
Yeah. The main plotline never becomes boring or annoying, but the sideplots sure do.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Doctor Claw posted:

You must at least get through solving the murder.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I recently went in blind to Twin Peaks and loved almost every minute of it (I wanted to gouge out my eyes at anything involving James and Donna).

Now onto FWWM, should I watch it as if the main character is Dale, or is it a stand alone story?

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

It's ok now, just tell me what happened...

Methodis posted:

I recently went in blind to Twin Peaks and loved almost every minute of it (I wanted to gouge out my eyes at anything involving James and Donna).

Now onto FWWM, should I watch it as if the main character is Dale, or is it a stand alone story?

Could go either way, to be honest. Dale is the closest thing the show has to a main character, but he will be offscreen for a LOT of each episode.

But if you have to nail it down, sure Dale Cooper is your main dude.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Just finished FWWM, got some questions...

Did Bobby really kill that guy, and if so, was that ever touched upon in the TV series? I don't seem to recall anything like that, also, what happened to that first FBI agent who disappeared?

Otherwise, like other have said, as a movie it was alright, but as a Twin Peaks fan it was really terrible.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Methodis posted:

Did Bobby really kill that guy, and if so, was that ever touched upon in the TV series? I don't seem to recall anything like that, also, what happened to that first FBI agent who disappeared?

Otherwise, like other have said, as a movie it was alright, but as a Twin Peaks fan it was really terrible.

It's mentioned in The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer, but even then it's "Bobby SAID he killed a guy," and not that Laura was there when it happened..

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Methodis posted:

The shooting script goes into a lot more detail with the FBI agent. I don't remember all the details now -- it's been several years since I've read through it -- but you can find it here: http://www.lynchnet.com/fwwm/fwwmscript.html

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Hmm, I guess they really needed those two extra movies to really sum it all up.

Also read that the actor who played Major Briggs died. RIP :(.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I got hold of the first season box set just after Xmas last year and blitzed through the entire thing in a single evening. Then ground to a halt, because S2 hadn't been released in the UK at the time. It just came out last month, so I've been catching up on it on and off when I get the chance. I was another who watched bits and pieces of it as a kid but didn't get a single thing, so watching it again as an adult is interesting, especially since I've seen a fair amount of Lynch since then. You see bits of Blue Velvet in Twin Peaks and vice versa, which can be really weird at times.

With regards to Laura Palmer's killer being revealed early on, apparently that was definitely executive meddling. Lynch constantly argued, quite rightly, that the killer was never the point of the show. But they basically told him that every storyline has to have a payoff, and since Twin Peaks was one of the biggest shows on TV at the time, they had to give some kind of resolution to the biggest mystery of the series. Which probably explains why so many people say the show flounders after the big reveal.

Another interesting note is that every episode is supposed to cover one 24 hour period, with a couple of exceptions. So in total, the story takes place over about a month, give or take.

And for anyone interested in Deadly Premonition, the guys over at Giant Bomb are doing an Endurance Run of the game, similar to the one they did for Persona 4. If you're interested, check it out here: http://www.giantbomb.com/endurance-run-deadly-premonition-part-br-01/17-2280/

Just, whatever you do, don't read the info page on the game, it basically tells you everything about the story without spoilers.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
My co-worker got me into this, and I just marathoned the last 8 or 9 episodes, ending with the finale at about 4 am in a darkened room alone. gently caress that was freaky. In all, I liked it, but I'm glad it ended where it did. I don't see where they could've gone from there without it being really boring for half a season again.

I know of Deadly Premonition and the parallels, I got him into the game and now I need to get it.

EDIT: Also I loving HATE JOSIE. Her character grated on my nerves every time she was on screen and I kept praying for her to die.

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 9, 2010

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

EDIT: Also I loving HATE JOSIE. Her character grated on my nerves every time she was on screen and I kept praying for her to die.

Well, I can see where somebody (or everybody) would hate Josie's character, but I didn't mind it. Yeah, she's a little doe-eyed and bubbly and pretty annoying, but later we see that that was an act and she's the classic film noir "femme fatale"... or is she? Okay, so her character flip-flops a lot and we're never completely clear about her motivations. She's annoying and confusing but I don't know, I liked her.

Other than maybe James and Season 2's Andy I can't really think of too many characters I didn't like. The shut-in on Laura's Meals on Wheels route (whatever his name was) was pretty grating and awkward, though I guess that was the point of his character.

Edit: Oh, and Billy Zane. There was no loving point to his character, he had no presence and no use being in the series. He was handsome, rich and that's about it for him.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Tewratomeh posted:

The shut-in on Laura's Meals on Wheels route (whatever his name was) was pretty grating and awkward, though I guess that was the point of his character.

I thought Harold was the only good new character introduced in season two. Windom Earle was ALMOST cool, but the way they handled him was pretty terrible.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I thought Harold was the only good new character introduced in season two. Windom Earle was ALMOST cool, but the way they handled him was pretty terrible.

Well, Harold was... okay. I just thought he was a little over-acted at times. I did feel bad for him.

And I thought Windom Earle was cool enough as he was, especially with what he did to Leo, because gently caress Leo. I never once felt sorry for Leo, no matter what kind of torture or humiliation he went through. Also, I liked GORDON COLE! just because that character gave David Lynch the chance to ham it up on screen. I could watch David Lynch talking about anything for hours, days even. He's a terrible actor, sure, but still fascinating to watch. He should have had more movie or TV roles.

"You've just witnessed a three-quarter view of two adults engaged in the act of kissing!"
"Watch closely, buster, you're about to see it again!"

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Tewratomeh posted:

"You've just witnessed a three-quarter view of two adults engaged in the act of kissing!"
"Watch closely, buster, you're about to see it again!"

Oh my god, he had some of the better lines in season 2.

"Bring me a piece of pie, some paper, and a pencil! I'm going to write an epic POEM about this pie!"

Tewratomeh posted:

Well, I can see where somebody (or everybody) would hate Josie's character, but I didn't mind it. Yeah, she's a little doe-eyed and bubbly and pretty annoying, but later we see that that was an act and she's the classic film noir "femme fatale"... or is she? Okay, so her character flip-flops a lot and we're never completely clear about her motivations. She's annoying and confusing but I don't know, I liked her.

Ugh. That entire part fell flat to me. She did the same loving thing every time she was on screen. I was shouting gently caress YEAH when she died

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
How did Andrew's old partner know to plant a bomb with Andrew's name, if he died minutes after seeing Andrew was still alive?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Methodis posted:

How did Andrew's old partner know to plant a bomb with Andrew's name, if he died minutes after seeing Andrew was still alive?

I'm guessing either he knew all along that Andrew was really alive or else David Lynch just added the bomb-in-the-safety-deposit-box plot point at the last minute for the finale and didn't care if it made sense.

I've heard that David Lynch was pretty pissed with how the network/writers handled the second season, so I'm betting on the second explanation. I think it might've been a big "gently caress you!" since the explosion also kills Audrey and Pete, two of the show's best characters.

Edit: VV Well, that's kind of a relief. Maybe Audrey and Pete didn't die. I guess that doesn't really matter since the series is over for good, but still.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 11, 2010

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Tewratomeh posted:

I'm guessing either he knew all along that Andrew was really alive or else David Lynch just added the bomb-in-the-safety-deposit-box plot point at the last minute for the finale and didn't care if it made sense.

I've heard that David Lynch was pretty pissed with how the network/writers handled the second season, so I'm betting on the second explanation. I think it might've been a big "gently caress you!" since the explosion also kills Audrey and Pete, two of the show's best characters.

Actually after watching a bunch of features on the S2 bonus disk, that last episode of S2 is supposed to contain huge cliffhangers in the futile hope that a S3 might have been picked up. It wasn't supposed to be a big "gently caress you", at least in the sense that it actually wrapped up anything. Mark Frost was talking about it, so I don't know how much was him and how much was Lynch, but he did say that he and Lynch got more hands-on at the end of S2 because of how badly the show was floundering. I'm pretty sure that they both were interested in doing a third season, but they also both knew that it was extremely unlikely.

Dr. Glasscock
Apr 15, 2004

HOO-DAH!!! Fatal Wiimote blow to the face, 20 points!
My mom loved the poo poo out of this show when I was a kid. Giving it a try myself right now. Everyone is saying how awesome the first season is. I'm watching the first episode and am already turned off. I know it has to establish the characters and the "everyone knows everyone" small town thing, but man half of the episode is people crying like crazy, it's really depressing. Also the pacing is kinda slow since it's an older show. Kinda just gives me a meh first impression. I assume if I stick with it for a couple of episodes I'll be hooked eh?

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Dr. Glasscock posted:

My mom loved the poo poo out of this show when I was a kid. Giving it a try myself right now. Everyone is saying how awesome the first season is. I'm watching the first episode and am already turned off. I know it has to establish the characters and the "everyone knows everyone" small town thing, but man half of the episode is people crying like crazy, it's really depressing. Also the pacing is kinda slow since it's an older show. Kinda just gives me a meh first impression. I assume if I stick with it for a couple of episodes I'll be hooked eh?

I was kinda hooked by episode 1. What did you think of Agent Cooper and the police department? They're really the important characters. If you don't like them, tap out now.

Oh, and ep 1 is really dark. They are just trying to establish that the town beauty queen turning up dead pretty much hosed up everybody's day in Twin Peaks. The show gets much more whimsical after this episode.

(Then it will suddenly dip into utter darkness all the drat time.)

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

It took a few episodes for me. I was hooked by episode 4 or 5, 6 at the latest.

Dr. Glasscock
Apr 15, 2004

Zero Karizma posted:

I was kinda hooked by episode 1. What did you think of Agent Cooper and the police department? They're really the important characters. If you don't like them, tap out now.

Oh, and ep 1 is really dark. They are just trying to establish that the town beauty queen turning up dead pretty much hosed up everybody's day in Twin Peaks. The show gets much more whimsical after this episode.

(Then it will suddenly dip into utter darkness all the drat time.)

Haven't formed a strong opinion either way yet (though the officer who was taking pictures and started to cry was pretty funny, "seriously, EVERY TIME??!"). Like you guys said, it really wants you to understand how serious the crime was. So that combined with slow 90s-show pacing made for many minutes of crying. I'll give it some more time, lots of people [b]really[b/] like it, I'm sure I will too!

EDIT: Also drat, why does CBS only have 3 episodes AND not put the episode or season number on them? Kind of an oversight there.

Dr. Glasscock fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 19, 2010

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Dr. Glasscock posted:

Haven't formed a strong opinion either way yet (though the officer who was taking pictures and started to cry was pretty funny, "seriously, EVERY TIME??!"). Like you guys said, it really wants you to understand how serious the crime was. So that combined with slow 90s-show pacing made for many minutes of crying. I'll give it some more time, lots of people [b]really[b/] like it, I'm sure I will too!

Andy is the best.

I hope you end up liking it. Twin Peaks is easily my favorite dramatic show ever. That's not even 90s nostalgia or anything talking, I just watched the series about 3 months ago. I usually don't even REALLY like David Lynch--he always seems so smug with his own work and opinions. Twin Peaks was just such a perfect mix of Lynch's trademark craziness and the other creators clearly forcing him to reign it in to make it more palatable to a mainstream audience.

What it results in is probably the most off-kilter funny, then frightening, then sweet, then savage show ever made. It's deeply flawed at times (these times usually include a side character with an eye-patch) and the second season is nowhere near the quality of the first, but overall the series is unlike any other show.

(With the possible exception of that new awful-looking Happy Town show, which appears to be a direct rip-off.)

Dr. Glasscock posted:

EDIT: Also drat, why does CBS only have 3 episodes AND not put the episode or season number on them? Kind of an oversight there.

Go find a less legal streaming site or use wikipedia's episode listing.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Dr. Glasscock posted:

Where exactly are you looking on CBS's site? I see all the episodes available and labeled here. Are you outside the US? That might affect things.

Dr. Glasscock
Apr 15, 2004

Ratatozsk posted:

Where exactly are you looking on CBS's site? I see all the episodes available and labeled here. Are you outside the US? That might affect things.

Wow that's a completely different page from the one that I got. I'm in the US, dunno what the gently caress I did before. Thanks though, bookmarking that!

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Glasscock posted:

What I love about the way the show opened was that by showing everyone crying over someone that the audience doesn't know, it allows you to observe their grief in a detached way without grieving yourself. Look at how all these different people are handling the news in their own ways and what that might say about them. Then, over the course of the show (or the first 2/3 of it, or so), you learn who Laura is and what her damage was, so that when her murder arc is finally resolved, you're now crying with the characters. I thought that was a really smart way of introducing us to the story.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Zero Karizma posted:

I usually don't even REALLY like David Lynch--he always seems so smug with his own work and opinions.

A lot of people seem to think this, but I've never thought this was the case. He just seems overly enthusiastic about his IDEAS at times, and will go on and on about them at length with anybody who cares to listen. I don't think he thinks he's a "genius", he just has a passion for making stuff.

To everybody who thinks David Lynch is Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire, etc., watch Blue Velvet or Wild at Heart. Both of those are fairly normal, but they're similar in tone to Twin Peaks, particularly Wild at Heart.

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

I completely agree with you Tewratomeh

If you want yet another view of David Lynch, watch The Elephant Man and The Straight Story.

I love Lynch because he tries to do new things. I can't think of a movie with the narrative structure of Lost Highway, Inland Empire was shot on DV or mini-DV (I forget which), and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me is essentially (BIG BIG SPOILERS) the story of an incest survivor that gets murdered. I can't think of much else that addresses that topic.

Enthusiasm is the right word for Lynch, I think people mistake his weirdness for arrogance, when really some of his movies are ambiguous and he refuses to give answers. He chooses to leave people dangling with no clear direction or any idea of the intention of the piece and I think that frustrates people. But it's that ambiguity that I just love.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Yeah, Lynch isn't arrogant to me, he's just insanely driven by his vision, and totally consumed by his work. In interviews, he seems like a really down-to-earth guy, if not a little odd. I would dearly love to sit down and shoot the poo poo with him for a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

Mel Brooks called David Lynch "Jimmy Stewart from Mars" and for years Lynch's only bio info was "Eagle Scout born in Misoula, Montana".

I think both capture his personality.

• Locked thread