Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

My all time favorite show, with The Wire just below at #2. I think every guy who watches the show falls in love with Sherilynn Fenn, though you're right that she never went on to do much afterwards, besides a Showtime series in the late 90s or early part of this decade.

Also, I hope you watched the original pilot and not the European one, as that one had an ending forced onto it that makes no sense in the context of the show. The correct pilot should have ended with Laura's mom waking up, gasping, on the couch. If there was anything after that -- say, scenes in a hospital -- kindly ignore them. Lynch was forced to include an 'ending' for the Euro version of the pilot in case the show didn't get picked up over there; for whatever reason, the powers that be didn't want any viewers to be left hanging and so treated it like a made-for-tv-movie.

And be prepared for some miserable subplots in the second season, though in contrast to most I like the main plotline in S2 as much as in S1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Basebf555 posted:

There are moments in Twin Peaks that are literally the most scared I've ever been watching any form of media. Granted I was 12 or 13 at the time, but I can still see some of those moments vividly in my mind, and it STILL scares me.

Agreed, the series finale was just otherworldly in its ratcheting up in tension. This scene, which happens just before poo poo gets real, is loving sublime in how it establishes the creepiness and horror to follow

(warning: kind of a spoiler for the series finale, but more in tone than in content. Probably won't make any sense out of context anyway)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-UwNjf77qo

Innocuous, except for how non-sequitarish it is, which is the epitome of the black lodge.

Also, "How's Annie? How's Annie"? :cry:

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 24, 2009

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Be Depressive posted:

I swear if they went through the show and edited out every single Josie Packard scene, Twin Peaks would be a lot better. Yeah, she's really hot, but she's so loving boring.

I didn't mind Josie so much, and her subplot was far from the worst. However, I think we can all agree that the less we see of James, the better the episode is.

But if S2 (after the Laura Palmer killer reveal) was edited down to just Cooper / Wyndam Earle relevant scenes (which I quite liked, just as much as S1 tbqh), the series would be a true masterpiece in every sense of the word, instead of a brilliant but flawed gem of a show.

A silly blurb from Kyle Maclachlan that has no follow up as yet but is fun to speculate about : http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/a160297/maclachlan-to-resurrect-twin-peaks.html

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

OK, I just saw the end, and I have to quote my dad upon seeing Fellowship of the Ring in the theater, not realizing it was the first part of a trilogy...

BULLSHIT!

Maybe I'll feel differently about it in the morning.

Yesssssss
Next, read A Song of Ice and Fire

Werner-Boogle posted:

Goddamit dude! SPOILERS PLEASE! I am only at the part where cooper gets shot and you go and loving ruin it! Jesus christ!

Heh, he totally hosed up on it (so while it's still a bit of a spoiler in that you now know it *wasn't* Lucy, it's not like she is a legitimate candidate anyway).

Palmtree Panic posted:

Wait... then who shot Cooper?

(padded for extra spoil-free goodness) Josie

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Feb 2, 2010

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Palmtree Panic posted:

Ahh... I hosed up the name...Maybe because Josie is the most boring character on the show but anyway...Why did she shoot Cooper then? I don't really understand her motivation to shoot him, so can someone please remind me why she did that.

You should spoil more of your sentence, like so. Always surprising to me how people don't realize just how much can be given away with ostensibly innocuous words, and/or have terrible spoiler tag usage.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Zero Karizma posted:

Its really an incredibly good show. Season 2 seems like its trying way too hard to go over the top, but its still really interesting. I'm like 5 episodes into the second season, is this going to turn to poo poo or is it pretty much just this level of crazy all the time? Because I'd be fine with the crazy option...

The good (i.e., main) plotline is pretty crazy, the rest of the plotlines vary from fairly wacky to outright painful, kim-bauer-and-a-mountain-lion level of annoying tedium. I'm looking at you, James S2 storyline.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

There's also an off-the-cuff remark Kyle Maclachlan made about 9 months ago, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

escape artist posted:

I just finished the first season.

It was very good, and by the end, I was very intrigued by the story.

There was surprisingly little closure in the first season.

Two questions:

How much of this thread can I read, having only seen the first season?

Secondly, I've seen Twin Peaks Season 3 in some places, and some places have Season 2 in two parts. Are Season 3 and Season 2 Part 2 the same thing?

Most things are in spoiler tags, but depending on how good you are at deducing things, some of the non-spoilered text might allow you to piece together some parts.

There was no season 3, they must be considering the portion of S2 that deals with Laura Palmer's killer as 2 and the main story arc after that as S3.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Ratatozsk posted:

After seeing the SNL Twin Peaks sketch, it seems kind of weird that they didn't put Victoria Jackson in Lucy's roll. Not that she's a terrible Audrey stand-in, but when you've got a two people so similar and distinct (I thought they were the same person at first), why not take advantage of it?

That link kept buffering for me, here's another version: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7o2ca_twin-peaks-parody-by-saturday-night_fun

Note a young Conan O'Brien as Hawk.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Tewratomeh posted:

Yeah, I kind of saw the ending coming as soon as Bob leaves Leland. I had a pretty strong feeling of where he'd end up next. As for a continuation of Twin Peaks, I don't really see that happening considering how it all plays out in the end. Well, I mean they can just introduce some new convoluted plot device to undo everything undo-able, but would anybody buy it? I mean, I'd watch (or read or whatever) any new Twin Peaks story regardless.

One thing though, about how long has it been since Twin Peaks aired? That's a rhetorical question, but consider what Laura says in the Black Lodge. "You'll see me again in 25 years." That'd leave things open for new Twin Peaks stories right about now.

1991. So, 6 years to go :)

For how they could follow up, if they set it "at the time" then I had fantasies of another TP movie, Twin Peaks: The White Lodge, with Harry and a likely crew finding a way into the White Lodge to somehow discover a way to rescue Dale's soul from the black lodge / force Bob out of Dale's body. After all, the White Lodge is the one place that's been mentioned but never shown so far. Hell, even started work on a treatment before giving it up as pathetic fan fic

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Tewratomeh posted:

My theory:

Maybe 25 years is the amount of time it takes for the White Lodge and Black Lodge to open. So there'd be no way to "save" Cooper until that time. I also have a feeling that Sheriff Truman will probably figure out that Cooper isn't himself pretty quickly (for an evil spirit, Bob isn't really clever enough to fool many people for that long, especially if they've dealt with him once already), and they'll lock Cooper away so he can't hurt himself or anybody else. Then it'd be a matter of waiting 25 years until the door opens and finding a way in and/or out.

Also, I think it'd be a little hard to pick up right where the series ended with the original actors nearly 20 years later. Particularly the "high school kids" who were already in their twenties when the show was on. I don't think people are going to buy 40-year-old Lara Flynn Boyle as a high school senior or even a college freshman.

Well, I was daydreaming at the time. If you did it now, set in the same timeframe, you'd of course have to recast. Which has its upsides and downsides. Where are you gonna find another delightfully luscious femme to replace Sherilynn Fenn ... but on the other hand, gives you a chance to actually get a halfway decent actor for James Hurley.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Pedro De Heredia posted:

That jazzy song on the soundtrack annoys the poo poo out of me, gotta say.

:frogout:

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Tewratomeh posted:

Just wanted to say... I have no idea what I watched years ago, but I've definitely never seen Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me before. At least not in its entirety, because I don't remember anything I just watched.

I mean, that's probably a good thing since the series was unspoiled for me. I have to say, with all the negative things I've heard about the movie it really wasn't all that bad. It was definitely "darker", but it wasn't a total mindfuck, and there was just enough weirdness to not be overwhelming. The scenes between Laura and You-know-who were plenty disturbing, and pretty effective visually and emotionally. Sheryl Lee was good, as was Ray Wise, and the replacement Donna worked well enough. The parts where the movie really fell flat were, well, pretty much all the parts with Agent Cooper and the other agents in the beginning. It was pretty disappointing seeing Kyle Maclachlan not really delivering. It had its moments but it never really came together into a good, cohesive film.

A lot of footage regarding the whole Agent Cooper / David Bowie bit was cut, making that part confusing as hell.

In the shooting script iirc it goes into more detail about Bowie's character (don't remember his name) disappearing from a hotel a while back and going to the BL where he apparently sees Cooper; time must not work the same way in the BL since that was definitely before Coop was in there. That explains his yelling at Gordon Cole something like "Who do you think this is?" about Coop -- he thinks he's Killer Bob.

The antagonistic cops and trailer park scenes are longer and more detailed as well.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Mar 28, 2010

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Tewratomeh posted:

the finale was one of the most cynical series finales I've ever seen. It really is like David Lynch just said "gently caress this poo poo!" and undid what the other writers tried to do to the series.

Haha, that was my thought exactly the first time I watched it. "gently caress you, gently caress you, Annie you're cool, gently caress you!"

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Doctor Claw posted:

Hate to bump an old thread, but I'm in the middle of season 2 and I've got a lot of questions left unresolved thus far:

LIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD

1. What the hell did "There is a man in the bag that smile" or whatever mean? I know Cooper took it to mean Jacque Renault was dead, but at which point did the bag smile? And how was that a revelation?
There's a bag hanging on a wall in the shape of a smile.

quote:

2. What prompted Donna to start smoking and be a bad girl at the start of season 2?
My interpretation is that when she started wearing Laura's sunglasses, it affected her and made her feel a bit like Laura, like her lifestyle. Whether it was all in her mind, or there was something magicky about it, doesn't really matter. Makes more sense in the context of FWWM, where Laura freaks out when Donna puts on her shirt or bra or something at the bar

quote:

3. What does the 3/3 domino that Hank sucks on whenever he sees Josie mean?
:iiam: I think speculation is that's how many people he's killed, but nothing is ever said anywhere about it so it's just guesses

quote:

4. What's the big overarching connection between Ben, Catherine, Josie, Mr. Lee, Hank, and Leo? All I can really understand is Ben and Catherine hired Leo to burn the mill down and I don't know why. It seems like they were trying to gain financial control of the town but how could that happen with Josie still in the picture? And what's the deal with the two ledgers for the mill?

My take on it is that Catherine had been embezzling for years and didn't want to get caught. It's common when embezzling to have two sets of books -- one accurate one so you can keep track of what's really going one, and one set of "cooked" books to make everything look proper.

quote:

Season 1 was much better paced and interesting, Season 2 is alright but I've been kind of struggling to hang on.
Yeah. The main plotline never becomes boring or annoying, but the sideplots sure do.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Methodis posted:

Just finished FWWM, got some questions...

Did Bobby really kill that guy, and if so, was that ever touched upon in the TV series? I don't seem to recall anything like that, also, what happened to that first FBI agent who disappeared?

Otherwise, like other have said, as a movie it was alright, but as a Twin Peaks fan it was really terrible.

The shooting script goes into a lot more detail with the FBI agent. I don't remember all the details now -- it's been several years since I've read through it -- but you can find it here: http://www.lynchnet.com/fwwm/fwwmscript.html

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I've never watched Twin Peaks past the point where they reveal Laura Palmer's killer, but I decided recently to rewatch the show and finally finish the 2nd season. It's so weird watching early season 1 knowing what happens, because the killer ends up having nothing to do with any of what's going on. I wonder whether that outcome was planned from the beginning or if they just came up with it on the fly.

Also, James looks like Zoolander.

From what I've read, Lynch and Frost knew before shooting scene 1, episode 1, season 1 who the killer was but had planned never to reveal it.

lol @ zoolander, hadn't thought of that before but it's spot on. Christ what a terrible actor he is, especially in contrast to the otherwise excellent cast.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Cromulent posted:

After hearing this show talked about so much, I decided to check it out. I really wanted to like it, but I almost bailed after the pilot. The story is interesting, but I just don't know if I can take the over-dramatic acting and the super-loud 90s cheesy background music playing through almost every scene. I decided to stick with it, though, and I'm on episode 4. Like I said, I do like the story, but I roll my eyes about five times an episode. I like Dale Cooper, and I like the surreal aspects of the show, but the soap opera stuff, particularly the background music...ugh. It reminds me of an emotional scene in Full House or something.

If you think the music is cheesy then this isn't the show for you. The main theme, Laura's Theme, the creepy/sexy song (not sure the name of it, main riff is a bass playing a scale downwards then back up) are all loving amazing and easily among the best music for any television series ever. Laura's Theme is literally pure despair and heartbreak in audio form.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Cromulent posted:

It grew on me. It just took me a few episodes to really get the rhythm of the show down. I'm on episode 3 of season 2 and am enjoying it much more.

If I may make a suggestion -- after the "big reveal" in a few episodes, skip through every single James scene thereafter.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Ratatozsk posted:

Well, there's some argument to be made for enduring them. Once you've made it through, all the good stuff then suddenly seems that much better by comparison. Heck, even the mediocre stuff seems good.

The only argument is that I didn't also include skipping every Nadine scene as well.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

I actually really like the Windom Earle plotline, especially with the character development it gives to Cooper. But literally every single side story after the Laura's Killer reveal is horrible. Little Nicky? Who's the father? Nadine? James? Audrey and jet boy? Pure garbage.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

wyoming posted:

Man, gently caress the ending to this show.
How could they kill Pete? I love Pete. :(
It was funny how they left things hanging with Leo though. :v:
But seriously that was terrible. All of it.
I'm just going to pretend the show ends when they solve Laura's murder.

How can you hate the finale? I mean, yeah gently caress it for any number of reasons, but what a loving finale!

It has my favorite scene from the entire series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EluslqfAnzo
So innocuous on the one hand, but so surreal. The perfect greeting to the Black Lodge's complete forgoing of logic and refusal to be understood in terms of the rules of the real world. Awesomely creepy and effective.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Stumpus posted:

This show deserves a better OP also. Something like:

There's this show called Twin Peaks, created by David Lynch:

Check it out now on Netflix!

Great pics, made me want to rewatch the show for something like the 8th time.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Bewildrbeast posted:

Squinting at my phone and holding it close to my face due to poor vision sure as hell made that Bob photo effective :stare:

The Louie thread in TVIV has been going off about David Lynch and Twin Peaks as well the past few pages. It's interesting to see praise for "Fire Walk With Me" when it seems the consensus in the other thread is that it's simply an ugly, unwarranted film (a view I agree with).

The shooting script for FWWM is an interesting read and much more fleshed out than the movie. I've heard that 2+ hours of footage was cut from the theatrical version and that Lynch a couple years back wanted to make a director's cut with much of the footage restored but rights issues reared their ugly head as they are wont to do.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Confounding Factor posted:

Yeah I heard about that too. How the film was originally going to be 4 hours. I haven't seen it yet, but plan on doing so soon. I deliberately didn't watch it after Twin Peaks because I wasn't in a good mental state of mind to be disturbed again the way Lynch does it. He manages to pull these suppressed fears and emotions from me. Also I was torn after I saw Inland Empire.

But I will order it in the next week. I hear that the film was well received in the UK.

It's worth tracking down the script to read through after you watch FWWM. I don't have a copy any more but if you hunt around I'm sure you can find it.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

kami posted:

It's the same two loving melodies over and over. And thanks to the sketchy volume on the Hulu versions I usually have to crank it to hear the dialogue when they're introduced.

The theme song is pretty awesome, but the opening's so long I skip past it anymore.

I've watched the series multiple times, most recently with a girl who'd never seen it before. Her one rule about watching it was that the opening could never, ever be skipped.

She was doing it right. You're not.

Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgXLEM8MhJo
Just hearing how into his own music he gets makes me want to listen to all the music again.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

If there's one thing we can agree on, it's that James's S2 storyline is absolutely wretched. Also, the actor is wretched. They were clearly going for a James Dean type of character but instead of looking angry and dangerous, he always looked constipated.

That said, this might be one of the best scenes in the series for sheer comedy value. Still not sure if that's what they were going for or not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji_K99Ff5tE

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Meltathon posted:

Because she's the worst character on the show.

I just finished watching the series for the first time, although I still have to get to Fire Walk With Me. That ending, holy poo poo. I'm actually not sure if I'm happy or sad that there wasn't a season 3. I'm not totally sure I would've liked how the series would have carried on after that last episode, mostly because of how much Coop would've changed. I think I have to watch that last episode a couple more times to make sure I completely got it.

I'm a huge Twin Peaks fan and while FWWM is a must-watch, I can't say that it's good. The shooting script is much better and things that make no sense in the movie like the David Bowie bit, for instance are explained. Probably 40% of the shooting script didn't make it into the movie, though from everything I've heard virtually everything was shot, but there's never been a Director's Cut type of deal due to rights issues being a huge mess.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

juniperjones posted:

It's really sad how bad this show went off. I really think it started losing itself even before the killer was revealed. Something about it just became loose and uncharacteristically lame. I love the earlier parts of this show. It had so much potential.

They really loving ruined it with that insanely poor quality Windham Earle character and all the other things people have complained about. I haven't even sat through the entire series. I started it over again recently because I just love the beginning so much.

You simply must watch the two part finale. Directed by David Lynch (unlike most of S2) and it's some truly great stuff.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

So I just started catching up with this on Netflix. I had unfortunately, already spoiled it for myself on a late night wikipedia fest years ago but the execution is much better than I had anticipated.

That said it seems to me they heavily imply that Laura has been possessed by BOB. Even if you overlook the cocaine, whoring, and sleeping with Jacque Renault you still have James telling Cooper that Laura asked him in the woods one night if he'd like to "meet bob and play with fire" as well as looking extremely demonic when they show the other girls flashback of Laura's murder when she wakes up in the hospital at the end of S2:E1.

Googling it there is no mention of it happening to her, only to Leland being her killer.

Just wondering if anyone else got that impression or if I should just shut up and finish the series (which I will anyways).

Pretty sure the drugs et al were an attempt to "run away" or avoid BOB, either in a literal sense or (bigger spoiler for things only hinted at in the series and more explicitly stated in the movie)to deal with the sexual abuse at the hands of her BOB-father. Laura was never possessed by Bob, just traumatized by the sexual and psychological abuse. The show in general is an extended metaphor for sexual abuse, I wouldn't try to find a logical throughline for BOB possession because in typical Lynch fashion, sometimes there isn't a logical path. I mean, there was something going on with Laura -- when Donna puts on her sweater or something (forget precisely what) at the club in FWWM, Laura freaks out ... and then when Donna later wears Laura's sunglasses, she kind of "acts" like Laura, being more of a "bad girl" (albeit a bad girl in the mode of the Pink Ladies from Grease)

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

From the sound of it, it looks like it'll be bonus features on the disc instead of being edited into the movie. A bit unfortunate but definitely better than nothing, and I'm sure some enterprising soul will edit it all together.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

This will be the 3rd or fourth time I've bought the series. VHS, Gold Box, and I think there was another release between those two where each season was available separately on dvd and it didn't include the pilot.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Palmer family reunion

Laura has aged well. Grace Zabriskie ... not so much.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

No breaks shall be given.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Jack Gladney posted:

I actually forgot all of that. I just remember vibrating hands and Billy Zane and a bank explosion.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Tosk posted:

Did anyone notice the sheer amount of mounted deer there were in this series? I know the owls were (in-universe) said to represent the presence of evil, but there is really a incredible amount of deer in this series, and quite a lot of close-ups on them at that. Anyone ever see any theories floating around?

My personal theory is that it's a rural town where people like to hunt.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Damo posted:

The loving music in this series. God drat, never has so much been done with such little music cues. I just loving adore the moody, tongue in cheek, atmospheric, and overbearing jazzy score of this series. Also, the breathy vocalist and her band are incredible. I mean, I'd never listen to that music on my own, but in the shows scenes which they are featured fit perfectly. The lighting during those scenes is a huge part of the mood as well. Hell the lighting in the whole series is drat fantastic and nearly as important as the score in setting the tone.

Just wait until the finale. My favorite musical bit in the series -- "Under the sycamore trees". It's such an amazing bit, just a short little vignette but it tells Dale that he's now in a place where logic and reason hold no sway, an extraordinarily bizarre and dangerous place. That might be my favorite bit in the entire series. The lighting is amazing too -- a simple strobe light that somehow seems both cheap and incredibly effective.

I absolutely despised the finale the first time I watched it, for reasons that will become apparent. But now it's my second favorite episode of any tv show ever, after the two-part The Wire finale.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

I don't know if it's on Hulu, but you should check out Kyle's appearance on SNL (9/29/90) in a Twin Peaks spoof.

It's on Daily Motion http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7o2ca_twin-peaks-parody-by-saturday-night_fun
No spoilers for anyone who has seen through the S1 finale.
(bonus points if you can id who plays Hawk)

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 13, 2014

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Damo posted:

Actually, it has spoilers all through the end of season 1. They mention Cooper getting shot

Yeah just noticed that while watching. Updated my post.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Damo posted:

Finished Fire Walk With Me + The Missing Pieces.

No more new Twin Peaks. For a couple of years, at least. Which is awesome.

I... don't even know what I think anymore about the story after watching the film. It kind of throws a huge curve ball at everything you thought you knew about the show. I'd say I just need some time to digest it, but I think it's going to be even more confusing the more I think about it.

Anyone have a link to some good discussion or theories about the film?

One thing to be aware of for the film is that the shooting script is much longer and makes the movie make much more sense -- especially the first half. Some of that is remedied to some degree with the recent re-release that features deleted scenes (though I haven't seen it personally, so can't comment on how much these scenes help and also they are not edited into film but are standalone scenes).

If you're really interested, I'd recommend searching for the script and reading through, makes things like the David Bowie scene make more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Boss Man Bing posted:

I want no interference from this hulking boob, is that clear?

Edit: Dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells. Wow this guy.

Albert is amazing. That role must have been fun as hell to play.

"I have travelled thousands of miles and apparently several centuries to this forgotten sinkhole to perform a series of tests. Now, I do not expect you to understand these tests -- I am not a cruel man -- I just ask you to get the hell out of my way so I can finish my work"

How the hell could anyone on that set get through that scene without laughing.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 28, 2014

• Locked thread