Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Just picked up a WD TV Live and am super impressed. The interface is nice and clean, wifi works great, and it seems to play anything. By far the best streaming device I've used so far--really the only improvements would be to add Amazon Video and a disc drive to play physical blu-rays/DVDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Corbet posted:

Can somebody with the newer WD TV describe the UI, particularly networked content? Is it just a list of your file names?

There are a few options--you can get a list of file names, a grid of thumbnails (reading the folder.jpg in each folder), or a bigger gallery view. I'm actually pretty happy with the interface.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Slanderer posted:

Anyone else have problems with Netflix on it? Every so often, it claims my account is deactivated, forcing me to veeeeeeeeery slowly enter in my info again (why the hell the UI is so unresponsive, anywaY?). I figure it might actually be my netflix account, since it stopped claiming I had any devices registered months back....

Yeah same thing happens to me periodically, probably some bug.

• Locked thread