Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
Can the WD TV Live Streaming be hacked to add torrent capabilities and whatnot? Or do I need to return it and get an older model? It's hard to find reliable information about this. This is the one I'm asking about : http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B005KOZNBW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326662067&sr=8-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
Any way to get volume control on the latest version of the WDLXTV custom firmware?

You can control volume with the iPhone app, but it only works with the latest official firmware (the custom stuff is based on a slightly older version). There are some Javascript plugins to control volume with the remote, but they only work with super old versions of the firmware. I'm right in between with the firmware based on 1.05.04. Any tips?

• Locked thread