Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

I have a WDTV Live HD player here in Australia and I can't seem to get the mlb.tv application to show up anywhere. I'm using the most recent wdlxtv firmware and am using a paid DNS service (usvideo, aka unblock-us) that I use to be able to access US-only services. From what I can tell, though, the mlb application should show up here in Australia even without the DNS service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Is this a known issue with the newest WDLXTV firmware? If I turn off the box normally then it won't recognize the hard drives attached to it. I have to unplug and reboot the box for it to pick up the HDD. It's only done this since I updated the firmware.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

I have a WDTV Live but I would like a media player that supports 3TB hard drives so I'm thinking about getting the new player, WDTV Live Streaming or whatever its name is. I saw that the wdlxtv guys won't be writing firmwares for it so if I do upgrade I'll lose all of these movie sheets that I've grown to love. Is the upgrade worth it? Meaning, are the new boxes equipped with more abilities to customize? I'd like to be able to use Spotify on the box and I think mlb.tv has an app for it too.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

BIFF! posted:

This one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KOZNBW/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00
It used to play everything I tried perfectly but lately it just won't play the audio on a lot of my MKVs.

I changed my audio settings in the wdtv at one point and it stopped playing audio on certain MKV files. It only affected these MKVs; everything else was fine. When I changed it back it played fine. It was the audio output setting or something similar to that.

• Locked thread