Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

You Am I posted:

War of the Worlds

Mars Attacks!

e: wait those were cows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
It looks like a train that's not moving and just on fire cause of a mechanical failure.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Jack the Smack posted:

It looks like a train that's not moving and just on fire cause of a mechanical failure.

Good morning to you, too, buzzkill.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Is this the Astra that was done over by that OCD detailer who polished and waxed hose clamps?

Nope it looks like a Vauxhall/Opel/Holden Astra VXR Nurburgring addition.

Pretty cheesy decals, but at least it has 177kw/250hp to back it up.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
*Ahem*

OCD detailer's VXR 'Ring Edition

Same model, I can't imagine his face if that was his exact car.

VV Seriously all flicking through that thread has done is make me realise that my monitor is filthy.

jammyozzy fucked around with this message at 13:36 on May 12, 2010

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Yeah I don't know why I said "nope", its the same poo poo really.

edit:
This would be considered a horrible automotive failure for ocd man.

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 13:32 on May 12, 2010

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

jammyozzy posted:

*Ahem*

Wow, I just read through his build. It's impressive and scary at the same time. Thanks for the link.

edit: poo poo I didn't realize there were updates on the later pages too!

netwerk23 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 12, 2010

RowanAmeth
May 23, 2007

jammyozzy posted:

Seriously all flicking through that thread has done is make me realise that my monitor is filthy.

Ha, me too. I even had a moment of "wait a minute, there's dirt on that part- oh, that's on my side."

We're learning detailing at my school (part of a decidedly comprehensive auto tech course), and while my teacher is pretty anal about getting everything just right, he'd probably be driven insane by the OCD Detailer.

I mean, seriously, he got new rims because he had NIGHTMARES about the dirt on the old ones.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Lilbeefer posted:

edit:

I like the part where he details the "break fluid reservoir"

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

A "High flow" cat after use. Sorry for blurry phone camera pic.

From what I've seen they all fall apart eventually, blocking up exhaust and causing poo poo performance.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.

peepsalot posted:

From what I've seen they all fall apart eventually, blocking up exhaust and causing poo poo performance.

I though this was the inside of a rotary engine at first glance. Is the steel wool stuff down there the apex seal?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

peepsalot posted:

That's just another reason to go full catless.

Shame they won't pass emissio... oh wait, I live in Florida!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Lilbeefer posted:

edit:

Jeez that guy has got some SERIOUS issues.

It's clean ffs stop loving washing it!!

What a sad twat.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Reminder that the OCD detailer guy is the way he is because that's how you attract high paying retards who will give you $12k to wash their Veyron. Seriously, he has customers that pay him thousands of dollars to wash their cars because he has set himself up as that crazy over-the-top OCD detailer guy who will take a Q-tip to the grease in your hinges.

Sponge!
Dec 22, 2004

SPORK!

frozenphil posted:

Reminder that the OCD detailer guy is the way he is because that's how you attract high paying retards who will give you $12k to wash their Veyron. Seriously, he has customers that pay him thousands of dollars to wash their cars because he has set himself up as that crazy over-the-top OCD detailer guy who will take a Q-tip to the grease in your hinges.

Screw wax. Coat everything in cosmoline and it'll last forever. :)

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Encase your car in a solid block of amber, preserve it forever

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

jammyozzy posted:

*Ahem*

I'm half surprised that he didn't pull out an electron microscope to check his car.

I can't believe the $10,000 bottle of car wax.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

jammyozzy posted:

*Ahem*

Same model, I can't imagine his face if that was his exact car.

VV Seriously all flicking through that thread has done is make me realise that my monitor is filthy.
Thank God I don't own a white car anymore. They were a bastard when it came to stains in the paintwork and yellowing.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl

scapulataf posted:

If I saw that thing coming at me, I wouldn't even try to run. I'd just slit my wrists and let it take me to the burning pits of hell and damnation.

Uh gently caress that I'd run. No, I would haul rear end then watch it burn from a safe distance, and maybe grab a pic or two of it.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

ab0z posted:

I like the part where he details the "break fluid reservoir"

Someone really needs to go stick a "neverbeen" sticker on his car.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

That detailing thread literally makes me sick. That guy couldn't have more bruises on his knees if he tried.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

frozenphil posted:

I use soap and a hose.

whereismyshoe
Oct 21, 2008

that's not gone well...

14 INCH DICK posted:

I use soap and a hose.

I haven't washed my car since mid-december. and it's white, too.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

whereismyshoe posted:

During spring I don't bother washing my car. I did it a few weeks ago and in 3 days it looked like the peter north of trees had filmed a years worth of footage on my car. loving pollen.

Poing
Jul 25, 2001

Gaze into my eyes...
If you wax, a microfiber towel will take off the pollen easily (if the surface is dry). Takes a grand total of 2 minutes for the whole car. Yes, my car is black.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Fire Storm posted:

I'm half surprised that he didn't pull out an electron microscope to check his car.

I can't believe the $10,000 bottle of car wax.

I just don't understand why anyone needs their car to be *that* clean, unless it's to be stored in a museum or similar.

All the work is undone as soon as you get on the road and start hitting bugs/rain/dirt of any kind.

I either pay the local Kosovans a fiver for a hand wash or get the £1.70 wash and dry at the local petrol station. By the time I get home it's not as clean.

IDGI

ozziegt
Jul 8, 2005

cool under pressure

monkeytennis posted:

I just don't understand why anyone needs their car to be *that* clean, unless it's to be stored in a museum or similar.

All the work is undone as soon as you get on the road and start hitting bugs/rain/dirt of any kind.

All that work is undone as soon as you drive outside and some dust lands on it. Kinda feel sorry for him, but at least he was able to turn it into a successful business.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

whereismyshoe posted:

I've had my car for 3 years and have never washed it. I guess I'm afraid it will somehow wash away the rust that's holding it together.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

monkeytennis posted:

Like I said above, it's because being retarded like that gets him customers since he's known as the detailer who leaves no stone unturned. He charged $12k to "paint correct" a Veyron. He charges thousands of dollars for a normal wash and wax and he is booked solid for months.

He's crazy like a fox.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

frozenphil posted:

He's crazy like a fox.

Crazy like a crazy fox maybe:

quote:

I used to get migraines when i was young counting the squares in the wallpaper.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
How long does it take him to detail a car like the veyron for $12,000? If it's under a month then holy poo poo he must make a PILE of money.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I wonder if I can adapt his business model and start a company that properly exercises expensive cars for rich motherfuckers who are too busy running banks, etc in order to drive all of their gorgeous classics enough.

"I assure you, I'm very thorough."

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

ab0z posted:

How long does it take him to detail a car like the veyron for $12,000? If it's under a month then holy poo poo he must make a PILE of money.

He said something about taking 4 days for a full "paint correction", but the website with the post is down now.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

ab0z posted:

Look at the equipment he has. Multiple Makita (not cheap) angle grinders used for buffing. A $10,000 bottle of wax. Dude is rolling in it.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
I don't wash my car when it's misbehaved.

I'm quite serious; i've not washed my miata since I got it in August. I love my car but it doesn't feel right giving it that much care when the engine was peeing out oil, the diff's rattling and the windscreen has dings in it.

I've fixed two of the three main issues now, when i've fixed everything and it's being a good car again it will be rewarded with a detailing. I'm also torturing myself with blown speakers, I won't replace those until the rest of the car's behaving too...

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

meltie posted:

I don't wash my car when it's misbehaved.

I'm quite serious; i've not washed my miata since I got it in August. I love my car but it doesn't feel right giving it that much care when the engine was peeing out oil, the diff's rattling and the windscreen has dings in it.

I've fixed two of the three main issues now, when i've fixed everything and it's being a good car again it will be rewarded with a detailing. I'm also torturing myself with blown speakers, I won't replace those until the rest of the car's behaving too...

You have the cause and effect reversed. Clean cars run better. You're just getting it stuck in a vicious cycle.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
You're doing that the wrong way around, clean it and it'll run better, neglect it and it'll break just to spite you. As soon as I washed my car it stopped pissing coolant and oil, then a bird shat on it, I haven't bothered cleaning it and it's started being difficult again.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Doctor Zero posted:

You have the cause and effect reversed. Clean cars run better. You're just getting it stuck in a vicious cycle.

jammyozzy posted:

You're doing that the wrong way around, clean it and it'll run better, neglect it and it'll break just to spite you. As soon as I washed my car it stopped pissing coolant and oil, then a bird shat on it, I haven't bothered cleaning it and it's started being difficult again.

Woah, weird. One response and i'd laugh it off. Two and I guess it must be serious. I guess carrots work better than sticks? ;)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

meltie posted:

Woah, weird. One response and i'd laugh it off. Two and I guess it must be serious. I guess carrots work better than sticks? ;)

I dunno, I never washed my racebike, it only functioned when I managed to keep it's average RPM over 6k RPM. If I spent a bunch of time dicking around with it in the garage, it'd never work. If I put it in the garage, forgot about it, dragged it out for the next trackday, it always ran great.

Trying to get it looking shiny always hosed me...had it nice and color matched, had no end of problems, crashed it, it was 3 different colors thanks to the spares I had on hand, it ran great for the rest of the season. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Race bikes are all masochists.