Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
"I don't know but all sales are final, here's the part number."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Didn't wanna poo poo up the MR2 guys thread here with discussion of dead animal chat. Post pictures of horrible animal owner vehicles things? I don't know close enough:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

First thing that popped into my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm5RHhqTeF4&t=48s

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Slow is Fast posted:

Didn't wanna poo poo up the MR2 guys thread here with discussion of dead animal chat. Post pictures of horrible animal owner vehicles things? I don't know close enough:

Holy poo poo.

I'm not the only one who's ever had to deal with this. My daughter had a pet snake that got loose in her boyfriend's car on the drive from Denton To Houston. It crawled behind the heater core and died. $600 drat dollars to pull the entire dash and get the stupid thing out.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

PhotoKirk posted:

Holy poo poo.

I'm not the only one who's ever had to deal with this. My daughter had a pet snake that got loose in her boyfriend's car on the drive from Denton To Houston. It crawled behind the heater core and died. $600 drat dollars to pull the entire dash and get the stupid thing out.

How'd it smell?

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
Terrible, they were in Houston.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

With the tip of it's tongue!

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

FatCow posted:

Terrible, they were in Houston.

I think he meant the snake, not the city. :rimshot:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

schultzi posted:

I think he meant the snake, not the city. :rimshot:

So not much of a difference, then?

:v:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Shameful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL3ZIc5IL2w

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Do snakes just crawl into things and die all the time?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

There's a reason the term "snaked it's way into/through...." exists, so I'd have to say yes, they do.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?

Snakes tend to seek warmth and to seek small warrens in which they will try to live out of. So yes.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Around here a snake crawling out of the vents while a guy was driving made the news recently. Was just a small harmless one tho.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

I was thinking more like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8rxJRsINU4

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

A friend of mine just fixed his buddy's A/C. The problem? A snake had gotten caught in the condenser fan and caused it to bind up.
So yup, pretty much.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Without question, I would be dead.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

change your interference engine timing belts. don't end up like my dad.

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

Shop compressor made a loud bang today

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
My wife and I saw a car with some exxxtreme camber tonight. My wife's reaction? "Haha, wow... Oh my God! It's a pizza delivery car! 2 fast, 2 furious, 2 toppings, 10.99!

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer

PhoenixWing posted:

Shop compressor made a loud bang today

I've always wondered what the damage would be if that happened to me. Is there compressor oil everywhere? Did bits of shrapnel lodge themselves in nearby cars/people? Did the motor continue to spin, flinging bits and pieces everywhere until someone snuck up to it and pulled the plug? I have to know!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

QuarkMartial posted:

My wife and I saw a car with some exxxtreme camber tonight. My wife's reaction? "Haha, wow... Oh my God! It's a pizza delivery car! 2 fast, 2 furious, 2 toppings, 10.99!

Marry that wo... oh.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

GTi_guy posted:

A truck hit the overhead structural steel on a local bridge today.

Red was a temporary work platform and yellow was a straight piece of structural steel earlier this afternoon.

A picture from the bridge deck.

This is a main arterial road into Toronto, and it looks like the bridge will be closed for weeks if not months during the repair.

So I'm super late to this one, but I actually knew the guy who owned that trucking 'company', not sure if he was driving or one of his workers

Worst driver I have ever known, I actually refused to have him drive while I was working there, written statement to the boss and everything. He managed a ding or scuff almost daily while driving downtown Toronto, and at least 1 ticket while I was with him.

Of course it would make perfect sense after he got fired, that he'd start up a trucking company, give your longest most unwieldy vehicle to your worst driver :hurr:

For Content:

Real AMG rim, and the nasty pothole that did it in

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 6, 2014

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

the poi posted:

I've always wondered what the damage would be if that happened to me. Is there compressor oil everywhere? Did bits of shrapnel lodge themselves in nearby cars/people? Did the motor continue to spin, flinging bits and pieces everywhere until someone snuck up to it and pulled the plug? I have to know!

It honestly wasn't that bad. Small amount of oil came out the side, no fiery shrapnel though, just some bits of metal on the floor around it. It surprisingly still ran, and continued flicking little droplets of oil out the side of the case until we unplugged it.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Sappo569 posted:

So I'm super late to this one, but I actually knew the guy who owned that trucking 'company', not sure if he was driving or one of his workers

Worst driver I have ever known, I actually refused to have him drive while I was working there, written statement to the boss and everything. He managed a ding or scuff almost daily while driving downtown Toronto, and at least 1 ticket while I was with him.

Of course it would make perfect sense after he got fired, that he'd start up a trucking company, give your longest most unwieldy vehicle to your worst driver :hurr:

The driver was Sukhvinder Singh Rai and he was also apparently DUI.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

nm posted:

The driver was Sukhvinder Singh Rai and he was also apparently DUI.

Yeah, I checked out the webpage for their company, looks like a Geocities page, and all the contact information is taken down

Also used to have 100's of Kijiji spam ad's, those are also gone

Apparently the driver is pleading not guilty :laugh:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Sappo569 posted:

Apparently the driver is pleading not guilty :laugh:

FYI, everyone pleads not guilty at the first appearance.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

atomicthumbs posted:

What's that out of? Just curious.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

atomicthumbs posted:

Volvo 850? RIP.

e: facing the wrong way. Volvo 960/S90, then, I think.

Here's another car & snake pic, if we're still doing that.

pants in my pants fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 6, 2014

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

two forty posted:

Here's another car & snake pic, if we're still doing that.

Obvious joke is...obvious. :v:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

CharlesM posted:

What's that out of? Just curious.

two forty posted:

Volvo 960/S90, then, I think.

It was a 1994 960. Fortunately, it died when he was on his way back, just down the road, so I was able to tow it into its spot with my 240, where it's sat for months because wasps immediately made themselves at home. got the wasps out and the timing cover off today.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Somewhere between Newark and New Delhi.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

I remember an article written by Henry Manning back in his Road & Track columns about the 2CV. He recounted seeing two of them crash head-on into each other... "there was a crash, a tinkle and a puff of steam, followed by two Frenchmen sitting in a pile of Citroen parts wondering what just happened. "

I miss Henry.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

buttcrackmenace posted:

I remember an article written by Henry Manning back in his Road & Track columns about the 2CV. He recounted seeing two of them crash head-on into each other... "there was a crash, a tinkle and a puff of steam, followed by two Frenchmen sitting in a pile of Citroen parts wondering what just happened. "

I miss Henry.

That sounds like something out a Tintin comic.

Did he mention anything about said Frenchmen having undone collars and little whirlwinds above their heads?

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.

buttcrackmenace posted:

Some say that Volkswagen was the first company to invent the energy-absorbing crumple zone between the front bumper and engine. It was first introduced in the Beetle. :downsrim:

PolishHero
Nov 11, 2005

cyberbug posted:

Some say that Volkswagen was the first company to invent the energy-absorbing crumple zone between the front bumper and engine. It was first introduced in the Beetle. :downsrim:

Yeah, the gas tank is up there to help out with all that energy. Without a liner. 8 inches from your legs.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I do believe he meant the passenger compartment & its occupants.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Now if that isn't the classiest repair manual I've ever seen, I don't know what is.

How on earth do you get parts to repair one of those? I can't imagine you can go to O'Reillys or Napa and order a spare set of pistons...