Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

mutt2jeff posted:

This is a big break...

It took me a second on the first pic to see the foot :stare: What's it from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

:stare:

Tornado?

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
I only see truck ramps in areas where there's a long steep downhill portion on an interstate.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Viper915 posted:

My friend got a call from his mom saying that on her drive home from work, her Infiniti SUV started "handling funny" He had her take a look and send him a picture, so he got this, with her asking if it was ok to drive on for a bit or not, at which point he threw his tools in his car, took the rest of the day off, and zoomed down a few hours to her house to replace her control arms.

:stonk:

Does she work at a slushy salt mine?

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Sudo Echo posted:

I wonder what left this mark in the rotor?

Hold up...

Guess someone dropped a bolt in the factory

I actually started laughing out loud.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Spotted in a Kroger parking lot today.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Kilersquirrel posted:

When it comes to prey animals their whole mindset is "oh god it's chasing me it's gonna eat me," and consequently think that your attempts at dodging them are some kind of trick to catch them and they tend to cut right back to where they were. But then you try to dodge again and they cut away 180 right back into your course.

If you have enough warning but not enough time to brake, just aim straight at them and chase like a predator and flash your lights if it's at night. It's worked pretty well for me thus far.

Though if you get the odd retard deer who just broadsides your vehicle there's gently caress-all you can do there really. Aside from remembering to save the backstrap and keep a few other choice cuts from the grinder.

A deer once ran into my house. My stationary house that has been there since the 40s.

Deer are just loving stupid.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

M42 posted:

One of the cars in the freight line didn't get the stop signal.

Now show us the wheels! :haw:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Cojawfee posted:

That sounds suspicious as gently caress. The guy is either lying or is dumb as a bag of rocks.

Reject the tyranny of 'OR'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Sagebrush posted:

I thought most (all?) modern automatics were software controlled anyway and they won't actually put the transmission into park or reverse unless the car is stopped.

I can confirm first hand that at least on a 2015 Lexus RX450h it’ll just go to neutral if you’re traveling forward until your speed drops below 7mph, then it’ll shift into reverse. Never tried going into park at that speed, though…