Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
The button on my stickshift lever shot out of the housing in my '94 Thunderbird. After taking it apart, I soon found out why:

Here's what the back looks like unbroken, for reference:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
My friend today borrowed his parents decrepit chrysler minivan to shuttle everyone to to the movies. It rained quite a bit, so he had the wipers on.

The wipers on the van are mounted on the outsides of the windshield and face in, something got them out of sync, and they collided with each other on the downstroke:

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I was in a Hummer following a 5 ton truck at Ft Bragg. Two of the scrawniest deer North Carolina has ever produced, decided to 'Goodbye cruel world!" by running into the rear wheel well of said 5ton.

When the convoy stopped we had to hose deer pulp off of our hood and the complete underside of the truck. The truck driver never noticed his rear wheels had become a deer frappe maker until we stold him what happened. After we stopped gagging and laughing of course.

It looked like somebody had pushed the deer through a blender and then sprayed it through a firehose. Biggest piece of anything solid I saw was a bone fragment about 2" long.

A few years back, I was going through the Rants / Raves section of my town's Craigslist and someone had posted a picture of their 18-Wheeler after an encounter with a deer on the interstate. I've had the picture saved in my random car pictures folder ever since. They really do explode when something that huge hits them:

http://i.imgur.com/qiI243R.jpg linked in case you don't like blood. Not sure what's going up the hood and windshield though.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
Nearly 30 year old electronics screws stripped my dollar store screwdriver.

I'm not entirely surprised, mind you.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!

dietcokefiend posted:

On that same note I wish I took a picture of it, but I saw a fairly new Mazda 3 that was rusting out to an extreme level. The third brake light in the trunk lid was heavily rusted and perforating, and both rear wheel fender lips were jagged from rust. It was like someone dipped the back of the car in acid.

I posted this in the terrible car stuff thread a few months ago

and to this day I haven't seen a car this new with rust that bad.

e: removed plate #

Ulfhednar fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!

I haven't seen one make a fireball this big before.