Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Cakefool posted:

My brother got a nasty wound & narrowly escaped severe tendon damage because of his boss not wanting to pay for repairs to machine guards, he had exactly the same reaction - "I like the guys that work there so I won't report it"

Wtf?

I think the reasoning behind that is if the shop isn't doing well (hence the penny-pinching) getting a government agency to come in and fine you over safety violations could very well bankrupt the company and put his friends out of a job.

Something similar happened with a friend of mine who called in a payroll audit on the company he worked for (contractors, electricians mostly). Company was so bad on the books it had to pay out each employee for missed O/T and other things. To do so the owner had to sell most the company vans and heavy equipment which pretty much ended the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Landerig posted:

Awesome! Here, have some diesel runaway:

And the video this pic came from: (Skip to about 2 minutes in. They freak out and the old guy just walks on in and shuts it down)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M1o2rpO_JY

These runaway diesel videos are amazing. Would you hang onto this thing as long as the bearded dude did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG1MnXkHhlM (fires up about 1:10 in)

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
On the way back to my house my 'new used' motorcycle started cutting out, and I noticed the temp gauge buried on 'cold'

I stopped and looked over my bike, its radiator had sprung a link up front. Huh, why the hell would that happen.

Well what the heck is that thing bottom of the fan shroud....

OH! :stare: It is the fan.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

No poo poo I just spent my long weekend working on my mate's CX400. I knew we should've taken the radiator off and had a look.

This is off a 80 CX500D, had quite a few miles on it, don't imagine it would be a supper common thing.

On a side note, to simply remove the radiator cap you basically have to unbolt everything from the radiator except the hoses :wtc: Honda

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 3, 2013

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Well, when a car is still burning oil and 75/90 WT gear oil just isn't cutting it...