Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acknot
Mar 18, 2008

Nerobro posted:

Saab had a turbo v6, that had a turbocharger on one bank, feeding the whole engine. The bank without the turbo had a specially setup exahust restrictor to help things run smoother.

I remember this engine; I always thought is smelled like a cost saving exercise. Did it work as intended? Did'nt it have different compression ratios as well? These days when you have production high compression forced induction engines, does'nt it make the whole exercise a bit pointless?

I've always wondered about the boost vs compression discussions; surely it would be best to have both? (Kinda O/T I guess but I guess some of the content here was generated this way...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU