Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

This is why rotaries rule you pistionares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Roflex posted:

Do I really want to know what counts as a non-critical part in an airplane engine?

Leg room?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Wanna jump on that bulkhead.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

ExtremeODD posted:

How the hell do you break a cam shaft? Or would that be simply from a casting flaw?

My Miata did that exact same thing. I changed the camshaft and kept driving it.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

When I sold my MSP, at 37,000 miles the LSD was going. I was told by the tech I know at the dealer (I traded it in for a 07 Mazdaspeed3 GT) that it was over $8k in repairs to get my car all back together.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Any other Florida AIers might back me up on this one, but every time it rains here it seems like everyone driving has never actually driven in the rain before.

SPOILERS: It rains every single day here half the year.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

You sound like my uncle. Every tire is low profile these days.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I get extremely paranoid when the temp needle goes a single millimeter above "normal."

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

So, what was the issue, here? Improper welder settings? Too small of a welder? Not using gas? lovely flux wire?

Poor fit up, improper technique, not enough shielding gas.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I've known people who have had stretched tires for years on their daily and that never happened.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Japanese cages are terrible. I can't believe how bad their fabricators are there.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Lord Gaga posted:

I wonder if casting a thickish little tab in the header where the crack started would've prevented it from cracking ever.

Yes, but that fraction of a cent in material could have been taken out of some CEO's bonus you fool!

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Beach Bum posted:

Personally, I would drive the poo poo out of that car. It's not hella flush and it has a tasteful bumper and looks clean as gently caress. Just a dumb owner, I'll bet.

Are we looking at the same car here? You mean the Integra with the ugly Skyline front aero, vented side skirts, wangan wing, eBay EURO TAILS, and muffler shop wheels?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

You would never in a million years see anything come out of my shop that looks like that. I wish I had a customer spending $250k on a build too.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Good time to post me changing the tires on my 720.

My legs were previously under the frame about a second before the jack tipped over. The truck seemed perfectly fine after though.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

D C posted:

With s13's a lot of people jack the car up by the framerails because they are there, and flat, and easily visible, except they dent when you do that, even if they arent rusted. They are notoriously weak.

That is seriously EVERY S13.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Guys I think I did a great job on that cage!!

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

No.

NO.

NO!!!

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Pulled the clutch off my donor engine tonight. That explains the poor clutch feel.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Screw Yankees. That's why I can't get a good car down here.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Florida is a dump but at least I don't have to worry about getting maintenance done before the great freeze.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I've sanded off my fingertips quite a few times. I don't recommend it.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

The Mazda FS-DE is the worst engine because it came in otherwise good cars and is total poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

The one shielding the arc with his hand?