Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Toucan Sam posted:

That's actually part of what is wrong with people today. I have a couple very nice led televisions but i also have old school tube televisions from 10+ years ago that work very well for what i need them for. Maybe i'm getting to the old people stage but appliances and electronics used to last back in the day. They were made in the U.S., with foreign parts lots of times, but the majority of my small kitchen appliances are at least ten years old. It would blow your mind to find out i have a twenty year old coffee maker while i have friends that replace theirs at least every two years if not sooner due to them not working anymore.

This is severely offset by the automotive world though. Nowadays i don't even consider a used car unless it has less than twenty thousand or over eighty thousand.

I understand this sentiment. My parents have a mitsubishi big screen that last 13 years, and they still have another going strong in its 16th year. They also had a microwave that lasted almost 30 years, apparently when Litton decides to make consumer good, they decide to do it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU