Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Broke down the motor on my WRX today. The rod bearing on the left was ok, the other 3 were not so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Nubile Hillock posted:

If he'd just kept the spring loaded the tape wouldn't have ripped. :colbert:

Zip strips would have worked.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
My son sent this picture to me today from the Subaru Dealer he works at.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

CommieGIR posted:

With new 'Pressure Plate Away' you will never have to worry about having to clutch again, simply beat the gently caress out of your pressure plate and throw-out bearing and apply liberally.

Here is that picture. Can't really tell how bad the throw-out bearing is.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Bitchtard posted:

I know nothing about cars electronics or computers when asked by friends and family. I do this because I love them.

I always tell non family to buy a brand new Subaru or a Camry.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Subaru Fuel Filler pipe vs New Hampshire winter.

:commissar:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

N is for Nipples posted:

This is why any logical welding gas place won't let you take cylinders (including inert gas) in an enclosed vehicle.

I usually put my #2 75/25 tank in the front seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
So I should put it on the roof rack?