Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That image makes me cringe so bad, mostly due to no jack stands :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Two Finger posted:

Do you need me to start posting some ship-based failures?

Yes please!

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My dad's old 1996 LandRover Discovery came with one of these:

It was pretty good!

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlternateAccount posted:

So am I the only one who's first experience jacking up a car was with one of these?

That's not a jack... this is a jack!

I've inherited one from my father, too. Also good for pulling out stumps.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fucknag posted:

Well it looks like that box, so knowing VAG it's actually behind that little access hatch on the left, with the terminals on the sheet metal side of the compartment. :haw:

Surprise!

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tobu posted:

Rain + P plates impressive damage:

Hah, where was this? I've been driving up the pacific highway and just got into Byron Bay today. The rain was crazy heavy for about 10 minutes and then just disappeared again.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wontondestruction posted:

So sensitive up in here, Christ. AVE rules

Ave got pretty boring when he stopped tearing down tools and leaned into his CnC stuff.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath posted:

So are you AvE? Cause he just now posts a vid about the same socket set:

quoting this post without the video so people of all opinions can enjoy the post without being exposed to incredibly offensive language.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Remembering seeing them in the boiler room at a big day out circa 2003.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memento posted:

Disclaimer: this is a ridiculous drive and not one anyone would ever really do, and I just searched around to see what I could find that was the longest.

Kununurra to Albany, Western Australia, 36 hours, you'd probably go insane of boredom around half way.

You'd need to go to the Sakha Republic to get a bigger state, but I think most of that has literally no people in it.

edit: haha, Google's driving coverage drops off pretty quickly north of 65°, but apparently the roads in that part of the world are not as good.

I did drives like that with my dad when I was a youngun up from Bunbury (south of Perth) inland to the gascoyne/pilbara. Of course we'd tow a caravan and it was school holidays so it'd usually be a week long trip at least. We'd usually go one way inland and the other way coastal to mix it up.

But yeah it's a long boring drive between somewhat interesting places, rocks, parks, etc.