Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Raluek posted:

It was the dude with the twin turbo viper with the chute, I think. He was talking about an SRT10 truck, where he had trouble taking the main caps off after some shady engine work or something. I don't remember the details, maybe he'll post or someone else will find his original post.

It was in the 70's land barge thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3216474&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post367217552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009
;e
Not the stupid poo poo thread apparently.

REDjackeT fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 16, 2015

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Powershift posted:

I talked about this after recently renting a grand cherokee.

It's hard to get it into reverse, you basically have to stare at the cluster when going from reverse to gear or whatever else and touch the lever just right to get it into the right gear. The shifter actually has 2 notches each direction, and just pushing the lever all the way forward through both notches will usually get it into park, but the notches are very light. I could easily somebody who just slams it forward and back all the time at some point only engaging the first notch and assuming it's in park only for it to be in neutral or reverse.

I test drove one recently and that was my feeling as well. It would probably be a lot better if it wasn't so easy to flip by the notches. Or just do the merc/bmw/tesla column shifter thing. Or do whats in the current charger and just have a normal shifter, which is apparently how the 16's are according to the dealer I was at yesterday.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

EightBit posted:

I can't stop watching it.

I really enjoy it when something gets caught on camera so perfectly as if someone knew what was going to happen already. And at a high enough frame rate to get a pretty decent slow motion shot too.