Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flacoman954
Nov 9, 2009
Had a Datsun 210; should have changed the points a week sooner.
Sounded like a 20 gauge shotgun when I got off the gas :-)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flacoman954
Nov 9, 2009
Aircraft paint remover doesn't have any free hydrogen ,so it doesn't embrittle metals it touches. IIRC YMMV et.al

flacoman954
Nov 9, 2009
Made by Bilstein IIRC

flacoman954
Nov 9, 2009
Could be fuel... injector leaking? Smell the fouled plug ..

flacoman954
Nov 9, 2009
Damned lucky ...

flacoman954
Nov 9, 2009
There also was a twin engine Hyundai Tiburon out there
http://jalopnik.com/251863/more-multiple+motor-madness-twin+engine-tiburon

flacoman954
Nov 9, 2009

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

This one's a new one on me.

I had one of those little bastards hop into my central A/C start capacitor. $250 dollars later I had coolness again...

flacoman954
Nov 9, 2009

Viggen posted:

I wouldn't call it horrible, but it is a failure..

Other half is still stuck in the trunk. Too hot outside to dick with it now, and the nosy neighbors are home today.

I've gotten one out by soldering a little wire to the broken piece of the key

flacoman954
Nov 9, 2009
What was that? Looks like a wet-sleeve diesel dropped a valve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flacoman954
Nov 9, 2009

General_Failure posted:

Ha!

Been lucky with the Fairlane. Mixer ring LPG systems love to pop things apart good and proper. Even an ignition miss can trigger one off. Amazingly all it's ever done is usually just pop the air cleaner housing apart. Sometimes it punches the filter down. It's popped off a few miscellaneous LPG bits a couple of times but that was always fixed with a few minutes and a screwdriver. Some people with LPG systems take to their air cleaner housing with a holesaw and shove a bathplug in. I'm surprised OEs don't have a fusible link of sorts like that built in.

Supercharged drag cars have blow-out plates for that reason. A friend started his Porsche part business by fabricating a similar airbox for early CIS 911's . Stainless body with a spring - loaded trapdoor to vent back fires;too bad bedsheets can't be made the same way.