Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

the_worm_ posted:

The diff in this STI six speed wanted to be set free. (young driver, didn't understand clutch drops with wide sticky tires)

At first I thought you had just taken the "diff cover" off, until I realized there was no diff cover....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
today was a fun day at the track. Got about 3/4 of the way through the first session and this happenned.

Still curious which broke first.

also hellaflush now

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Mr. Despair posted:

What's worse than a scissor jack? Half a scissor jack!

is basically what came with my passat. gently caress that thing.

My C63 came with one of those, and like a 105 wide tire, thankfully only had to change the rear tire once in an airport parking lot.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

You should totally get four of those spares and try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPh90yNX-mY

I would but I traded it for a CTS-V :(

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Galler posted:

I'm not sure how effective it really is. When I was in Dallas, the nice part of Dallas at that, I never had to spend more than a couple minutes on any semi busy surface street to spot and pull over an unregistered vehicle. Then I would be tied up for at least an hour ticketing the driver, inventorying the vehicle, and waiting for a tow truck to come get it. Make that three if I had to take the driver/passenger to jail as well.

There are a shitload of unregistered and/or uninsured vehicles out there.

Were you Highland/University Park Police?

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Bang Me Please posted:

I don't think you can just weld an aluminum alloy rim on your own and then have it be fine unless you know info about the alloy and specifically how to weld aluminum.

that or trust any tire shop to weld anything

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Spent some time bullshitting with these guys this morning, great place and if you ever make a trip I'd highly recommend renting from them.

Horrible failure of the human nature, as we were checking out a guy was sitting at the counter placing a call to the German police to report an incident. Bad news when the phone call goes like "Hi do you speak English? I'd like to report an incident." No sign of the car at the shop after so assuming pretty bad.

My buddy Dale used to work there (I think he left like a week or two ago) and he always had amusing stories of inexperienced drivers on the ring.

My favorite so far has been:

Dale: WHAT HAPPENNED?

Customer(in all seriousness): I missed the jump!!

Dale: :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Godholio posted:

The...jump? :stare:

He wrecked at adenau forest, after foxhole. So presumably he was planning on jumping that bit of green everyone cuts across on Gran Turismo. Either way, he ended up rolling the Rent4Ring car and walking away w/ a couple bruises.