Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

meatpimp posted:

People from other states are bad drivers. Just like people of other ethnicities are bad drivers. And other genders. Basically anybody not you is a bad driver.
No, many of the bad drivers are here in Florida.

I think that we can agree that people on cell phones are bad drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Paul Boz_ posted:

Mr Piston, meet Miss Valves.

vg30dett timing belt pop. Not mine.

My heart stopped for a second, I was worried it my be yours :ohdear:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
A 35k consulting fee from a real engineer would not be unreasonable if the guy is dropping 250k.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

AcidRonin posted:

System is both too lean AND too rich?
Different cylinder banks.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

PBCrunch posted:

They might not want to do that until the 20+ year reliability of EVs is proven.
They could do a hybrid, the first gen Prius is pushing 20 years.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

ionn posted:

We just started working on our 24Hr-Lemons*-racer-to-be 1991 Mazda 323 (BG), 1.8L DOHC.
(* not quite, but the Swedish relative of it)

It's done just 66000km, but the PO managed to somehow ruin the clutch, and it is the most broken clutch I have ever personally encountered:

Most of the clutch on one side was just gone and the pressure plate shredded. Flywheel looked alright though.
The bellhousing had craploads "clutch fluff" everywhere inside, as well as more craploads of dust that together with oil from the leaky rear main seal made for a proper mess.

Also this happened when we tried to remove the upper radiator hose after 25 years:

Hey CAT INTERCEPTOR, looks like the VR4 clutch.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Powershift posted:

Horrible road failures?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Holy gently caress that is terrifying.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
VR6s sound so drat good. Bummer about the motor.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Nothing wrong with lowering as long as you don't scrape everywhere and destroy the suspension's functionality.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Depending on the engine, BMW direct injection uses expensive piezoelectric injectors. If the engine doesn't have them I don't see what the big deal is.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
19 pounds? I guess he wanted a new motor ASAP because that's just stupid.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

fridge corn posted:

Lol imagine having a reg date slap fight these days on the internet's most troll-free forums

fite me you dirty 03.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
18 cylinders, 10.2 liters, 730 hp, 3 cars.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Where else would shady as gently caress aircraft parts go to find a buyer in America?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Some high end restaurants have an open kitchens for all of those reasons.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Godholio posted:

I've actually had a gas pedal get stuck (throttle rod got snagged on the oil pressure gauge's feed line), and these people are full of poo poo and need to have their licenses removed.

I had the throttle cable on my folk's Windstar get sticky at ~4k RPM. I hit the brakes, put it into neutral and got off the road until I figured out what was going on.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
"What would I do if I was a total loving moron?"

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Cojawfee posted:

Did you put in the repair request? That's like one of the few things they are required to fix immediately.

Unfortunately this largely depends on where you live. I know in Seattle most small buildings some have ac and fixing it isn't important like it would be in Texas or Florida.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

StormDrain posted:

Aren’t there tie downs aft of the boat too?

Yup, typically you run a strap across the stern in front of the rear most cleats, which clips into eyelets on each side of the trailer. At least that's what the old man and I did. All of the boats he owned were 24 feet or less, though.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Wouldn't you want to take the air out of it before?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hey guys what's egt monitoring for?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm an idiot so I mow in shorts and flops but weedeat I'm jeans/shoes.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Memento posted:

Hey boss, you heard about that new variable valve timing Ford have going on?

https://i.imgur.com/dlAOlZ6.mp4

Uhhh what is that out of?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Yeah great you turned a giant stuck ship into a giant stuck pile of metal that now is random instead of orderly. Blowing up the Ever Given is simply the worst idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Platystemon posted:

Drives within Washington, Nevada, and Michigan can marginally exceed ten hours.

Oregon surprises with a little under twelve (NE–SW).

Idaho reaches eleven hours, even with a shortcut through Montana.

Montana itself can run thirteen. Florida is about the same, from Pensacola to Key West.

Texas is twelve wide but thirteen tall.

The length of California is sixteen, from the Oregon border at the Pacific coast to the Colorado river near Yuma. They’re both populated, but lightly. Crescent City to El Centro is more like fifteen.

I think that about covers the contiguous states. Minnesota and Tennessee get honorable mention for not being big rectangles, but they only manage about eight hours.

NC is about 10 if you go NE coastal islands to SW corner.