Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Thought I'd get around to posting these before somebody else did:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Modena AL posted:

I wouldn't call it horrific, or catastrophic, since it happened pulling out of my garage, but here is my old shock/spring set up on my Mini!

Oh, Snap

Eek, Koni Sport Kit? I've got the same thing on my Focus, I hope it doesn't do what yours did :ohdear:

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

BigKOfJustice posted:

The best way to open a transfer case is to saw it open from the inside :v:

Saw that happen on a small block Ford timing cover once.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Soopafly posted:

Like restricting it.

I bet you think fan shrouds restrict air too :haw:

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Sponge! posted:

All I can figure is they broke the pad when they slammed the caliper back into position.

If your brake pads are rusty enough that you can break the pad material off the backing plate by simply "slamming it back into position," then a) your car was not safe to drive in the first place and b) more importantly, your inspection station is not doing its job.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Captain Crunk posted:

It had a lot of shaft play, and I think that it was just spinning really fast and ground itself down against the housing at some insane RPM (like 100K RPM or more, these things are crazy fast).

Unless your compressor housing is made out of unobtainium and is right below diamond on the Mohs scale, this doesn't seem plausible.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Beach Bum posted:

I changed my brother's spark plugs the other day when he came to me complaining about a misfire.

WHAT THE gently caress

Those are the original MotorCraft Ford Factory OEM plugs. Did I mention the car has 83k on it?

Those look like the plugs at 115k on my '01 Focus.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

some texas redneck posted:

I see the chain. I see a couple of wires. I can't find the battery in that mess.

Lower right. Red top, black case

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

I wonder how much those fires were affected by the fact that there were surely steel belts scrubbing against the asphalt

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

LloydDobler posted:

I've seen guys just use high grade silicone sealer to reassemble.

If you let the air out of the tires you might not even need to do this.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

FormulaXFD posted:

Grid time

Nice 2002 :o:

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Cakefool posted:

No chance of insurance covering it I suppose?

I don't think many insurance companies would be interested in covering engine damage suffered at a race track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

thvwlshvscpd posted:

I am unfamiliar with this. What happened? I am completely blown away by it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaC3OKZ-FkI