Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdk
Oct 5, 2003
mdk

:smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdk
Oct 5, 2003
mdk

Skyssx posted:

In fact, the B&S Quantum motor is so ubiquitous, we order those slightly rectangular air filters, 491588S, in boxes roughly the same size as a U-Haul size large.

I used to work at Briggs. They package up 50,000 of those filters a month in the summer. If you order them in a 5 pack (4101) thats one of the parts I did.

The engines that came through the warranty department were hilarious. 9 times out of 10 there was no oil in the motor and the customer wondered why the connecting rod turned into powder.

mdk
Oct 5, 2003
mdk

Black88GTA posted:

The GMT800 GM trucks (Tahoe, Escalade, Suburban, etc) have a factory bottle jack (and some crappy wheel chocks) as standard equipment as well. Never had to use them so I can't speak to how well they work (probably not very).

They work fine, I lifted a good size boat with one.

It actually seemed to be gear driven, you put those 3 rods into a key-way (that yellow piece on the jack) and crank it with the tire iron. The main problem is those 3 rods are stored under the truck and are probably pretty rusty by the time you need them if you live in the salt belt.