Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

I don't have any pictures, but had a horrible mechanical failure on Tuesday.

I was driving to work in my Galaxie and right after I got onto the highway the rear U-Joint decided it didn't like its bearings and blew apart. The noise it made was very un-enjoyable. Very surprised that the drive shaft didn't either drop completely off or come windmilling up through the floor of my car.

After I got towed home I found the damage was barely anything, looks like the 2 bearing caps that hold the U-Joint onto the rear yoke just disappeared, the clamps that should have been holding it on were still attached. Scraped up my mufflers a little bit but no real mess, installed a new U-Joint and was good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

I have that same brake light switch in my 65 Galaxie.

I got pulled over on the way to work not knowing it was broken, the cop let me go the 100 yards further to my job as long as I had it fixed before I left.

I had some wire, zip ties and ear plugs and managed to rig up a squeeze trigger so I could get home. It's real fun having to sync pinch some wires every time I hit the brakes, especially in heavy traffic.

That pic reminds me that I need to put some new grip tape on my brake petal.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

Dash cam that filmed the plane crash in Russia, possible mechanical failure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEQdW6yS5o4

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

Did that thing rip his beard off, or do y'all think he had to cut it after it got tangled up? Because I'd think if it was just tangled he should have at least tried to remove the wheel and salvage some of it, that's a few years worth of beard gone fast.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

hunger is motivational

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

whoever got the bronco with the miscolored passenger seat should act like it's like a baseball error card or something or do an NFT