Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
You would be hard pressed to do this with a baseball bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Driving like a loving idiot, while dumb, is not mechanical failure.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Insert joke about Harbor freight tools.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Joe shmoe terrorist isnt going to be getting anywhere near a presidential limo when its parked. I would agree what some sort of protective mechanism was set off, pulling the wheels into the arches. But if you think there are exposed hydraulic lines running underneath a car that supposed to keep driving after being hit by a bomb, that is false. It would be interesting to see if the rear wheels retracted as well.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
More of a failure on the part of the driver, but still spectacular.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Its hard to say from just the video, it was actually zoomed in a little too much. I can vaguely see what looks like a steel cable somehow get wound up in the main rotor, which promptly rips the engine free of its mounts, which the broke the shaft that runs the tail rotor. The uncontrolled shaft probably broke the tail off. My guess is that one of the securing lines from the tower piece he just lifted came loose from the wash of the heli, and whipped into the main rotor.

Edit: One further review, you can see the unsecured cable waving around the tower before the rotor grabs it, just in the first play though, not the slow motion one.

mutt2jeff fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 23, 2011

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Occasionally one of the floats on my Datsun S.U. carbs gets stuck open, and it dumps gas directly onto the header while idling or right after I turn the car off. No fires yet.

mutt2jeff fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 30, 2012

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

some texas redneck posted:

You can't post that without some kind of backstory. :colbert:

All the backstory I have is that is was a Subaru engine with an incorrectly installed turbo.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
This came in on my buddies tow truck the other day, I decided it needed a picture. Off a chevy S10

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Goon elitism, what a joke.

Thanks for turning me onto r/justrolledintotheshop. Its like an amazing cross between this thread and 14 inch dicks life :allears:

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
I imagine they actually have quite a bit of pressure in them, they need it to carry 10's of tons of rocks and dirt.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
This is a big break...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Its supposedly off a mining shovel.