Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Mooseykins posted:

Oh i wonder why his UJ exploded.

The mounting points for the carrier bearing were torn off and missing entirely.

He then asked if my company would pay for the repair. Umm, why the gently caress would a recovery company pay to fix your van? Ropey-rear end piece of poo poo scrap hauler Sprinter.

I definitely need more details on this! Did you guys tow him out of some crappy situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

BigPaddy posted:

This is why you don’t fork lift cars onto flat beds kids. And so the mystery of the rear suspension being really low has been solved. Dropped $560 on new rear controls arms. By the time I am done this thing will be all new apart from the body and frame.

WTF, thats like $60 in parts an an hour of labor.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I can finally get :smug: about my Autozone set

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
At that price it's a choice between crushing debt or crushing by car

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
My pair of 3 ton Autozone stands was sitting out in the yard keeping an axle off the ground. Father in law backed his truck into the end of the axle tube, just a little bump before he realized and moved to a different spot. The jack stand crumpled horribly under the axle but I was able to bang it back into 'shape' with a BFH. So now I have a dedicated axle/light-duty stand.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
It kind of looks like a transmission mount that I saw recently in Baja and thought "that doesn't look stock".

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

What the gently caress is that axle made out of to be able to eat through that much of the knuckle without breaking down?!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Must be Moog :smug:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
That's more clearance than my Chrysler Town & Country has. The neato fold-down-into-the-floor seats really eat up the clearance.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Midjack posted:

You’re not intended to actually carry cargo in one of those.

if you're gonna haul poo poo you buy an explorer.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
For aluminum you use self-tapping screws.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
"Can he even drive without his radiator?"

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Kinda funny tho

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

BOOTY-ADE posted:

The forbidden blue raspberry

is that just crazy buildup?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
That's a lot of wine bottle storage!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Ferremit posted:

So Factory they have 145L of capacity- 95 in the main tank, 40 in the sub tank.

Main tank is between the axles in front of the rear axle

The sub tank normally lives above the spare tyre behind the rear axle and if you stick the spare up on a rear wheel carrier you can fit either a 180L rear tank (giving you 275L of total capacity) or what I've done is a combo tank with 122L of diesel (giving me my 217L of capacity) with a 55L water drinking water tank embedded into the top of it.

This is incredible to me. I'd have to add a fuel cell that takes up half of the cargo space to get any kind of quantity upgrade like that in my wrangler TJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

The Door Frame posted:

Just buy a $500 hood and you can see everything beautifully and know for certain that you're safe

My harbor freight hood works great. At least that's what people tell me. I'm blind now, you see.