Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzUnR2A68xU

It may not look like it, but that was a $500 part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

Click here for the full 1024x766 image.

Someone sent me this picture, Its a piston/cylinder wall.

How does this happen?

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

sndgeek posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_EXtBEaBbs

I apologize for the horrible horrible History channel treatment. But...one wing? come on.

Jet fighters are more of a missle with big wings than an airplane, its not so impressive that it flys with only 1 wing. Try that in a cessna, and see how well that works out.

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

Godholio posted:

Take a fin off a missile and see how well that works out.

In that case, you adjust the controls to get it to hit its target. With a rocket (no guidance), they usually spin, but still generally go in the right direction.

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma
These potato chips taste funny :(
not really, potato chips are much thicker than these bearing remnants

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hippynerd fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 19, 2009

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

Jonny Nox posted:

Gas mowers are ecological terrerism man! I've been using one of these since high school!

level 5? Do you pocket mulch?

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma
I've found that everytime I paint a bicycle, it gets stolen shortly after I paint it. My current bikes have the original paint, with chips dings and dents, and Im not going to fix it :colbert:

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma
I dont know who's bike this was, but they managed to saw the chain clean through the derailleur. I wonder how long they pedaled, slowly grinding away at it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma
The guy that broke this was pretty freaked out, he didnt want to ride the bike anymore :(

I replaced the gooseneck, and another guy took it away.

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

Beach Bum posted:

What part is that exactly? And how did he do that?

Its the part the holds the handlebars to the forks tube thing.

Heres another view that may help.

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

some texas redneck posted:

"Running" Starion engine guts spotted.

Its clearly a DOHC, so not a starion.
but I guess this perception is why I cant sell a restored starion for what it cost me in parts.

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

InitialDave posted:

Half the content of this thread is more attributable to someone doing something stupid, though, and we don't have a general mechanical carnage thread.

Well, when someone makes that thread, heres a couple of my favorites:

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

Cushy posted:

Is this one of the crash involving teenagers driving a BMW down a wet runway that had a thread about it like 4 years ago?

Yep. I dont remember it being wet, but I think they launched at the end of the runway over 70mph. It looks like it was just 3 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

heyou posted:

Is the Indian Head Highway crash in MD from a year or so ago? Bunch of people were drag racing, and a dude in a crown vic mowed down a crowd of spectators standing in the road.

Yes, but really, thats for a different thread, the horrible people failure thread.