Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

slidebite posted:

Because single items can fail on their own for a variety of reasons other than age?

this logic is sound, provided you don't live in the Rust Belt. in Wisconsin, we basically always do both sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
AvE writes a poem to his ticking lifter

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Horrible Design Failures. what is that, some kinda fancy-pants water pump with integral HVAC valving?

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

um excuse me posted:

That screams BMW X5

looks like a Pilot Sport A/S? so yeah

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
and all the spokes still attached to the hub are different lengths

we could keep going, but it’s fake.

really I posted to chime in that I saw a virtually identical tire/rim, sheered off spokes and all, on the far LH side of the I-5 in San Diego the other day. I wondered how far it rolled for the tow truck/cops/car’s owner to have not taken it along with the rest of their (presumably) hosed car

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

STR posted:

This depends entirely on the car, and Subarus usually don't like it.

In my limited experience with this trick, it seems anything using an A/F sensor as the primary instead of a narrowband O2 pick up on it pretty quick; they either throw a code for the sensor, or the fuel trim gets thrown off.

doesn’t the downstream O2 sensor really just tell the ECU that there is a cat, and that it’s functioning? I was under the impression AFRs and trim are only controlled by pre-cat sensors...

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

wesleywillis posted:

Timothy Treadwell interacted with bears in a pretty non-destructive manner. Until the bears decided to be destructive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell

the Herzog documentary about him is really fantastic

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

LifeSunDeath posted:

Well that dude lived to 94, so clearly lead is super healthy.

I’ve never seen any photo or video of him without a stogie in his teeth either; maybe there’s some magic filtering properties to them?

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Memento posted:

I have definitely used spit on a soft fuel line to get it over the end of a flared pipe end on a cold day

It was my car, it was a piece of poo poo anyway and no one was watching.

there’s a NAPA product for this called Sylglide or Glidasil or something. it’s supposedly even safe for fuel lines. I have a tube of it in my lube box.

not sure when I last used it; I just spit on it

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Darchangel posted:

What are the odds that it was a rental?

I dunno, it’s totally missing the guy hanging out the window yelling “FOR $19.95 YOU CAN RENT THIS MOTHERFUCKER”

e: in case you’ve never seen this classic tale

https://youtu.be/dLpuq0jyiCE

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

LifeSunDeath posted:

god I bet the fire department just loves cleaning all these 18650s up, goddamn. Elon Musk should have to personally clean this poo poo up.

why does it seem like all these pictures were taken by an epileptic with a potato phone?

kastein posted:

Guy in one of my Facebook groups just posted this. Never seen one before like this, I think from the milky fluid it probably is water contaminated and froze overnight and partially cracked it, then it popped from hydraulic pressure when he started it.

drat, how do you get this much water in a power-steering system? I have never seen one this bad

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
spotted on the way to the airport yesterday morning. looked like a brand new fleet vehicle.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

cursedshitbox posted:

Be nice to your eyes.

a weird flip-side of this is that I’ll lend someone my welder long before I’ll lend them my helmet

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

chrisgt posted:

The diesel nozzle is bigger (there are actually two sizes*), but it'll still fit in the first few inches where the gas gap threads in. It is too big to open the rollover flap, though. So it would be extremely slow to fill a gas car with diesel. I doubt the post is real, but when people put diesel in a gas car, it must take them a really long time.

or you could just spit on it

(sorry for the worldstarhiphop link, only one I could find with sound)

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Darchangel posted:

Left handed lug nuts were an incredibly stupid idea that serves no purpose.
I know Dodge liked them in the ‘60s, too.

I was under the impression that until lugs were made rounded, with tons of surface area, left-side lugs on vehicles _had_ to be left-hand-thread, to keep the torque of the wheel from backing off the lugs, just like the left pedal (or right BB cup) on a bike. obviously rounded lugs have been around since before the 60s but perhaps it was a vestigial habit?

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

FBS posted:

somebody on reddit may have beaten me to it but I can't be bothered to check

:discourse:

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

wrong thread — that’s awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU