Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Whats even more :psyduck: to me is right at 00:37-39, you see the camera apparently taken out by one of the tires. It's like the tire decided "I'm free & i'm taking someone/something WITH ME!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Im sorta wondering what the drivers safety suit & helmet looked like after that... it appears to me that the fireball was aimed right at him. :derp:

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Whip cracks are mini sonic booms caused by the tip of the whip exceeding the speed of sound, so that's a possibility on the loud boom/crack! noise. Or maybe the cable striking the fuselage as it gets entangled in the rotor.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

I have to wonder at the amount of force that was needed to break loose and embed in the ship a chunk of rock the size of that boat in the foreground :psyduck: .

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

You want to talk about management screwing up a power plant ? The following conversation between Crystal River nuclear power plant employees happened sometime in 2009, true story:

:haw: Hey Clem, go get some concrete mix, coupla ladders, trowels, and get a crew set up !
:v: What we doin' Bubba ?
:haw: The eggheads in management found some cracks in somethin' called a "containment dome", and we're gonna fix it ourselves insteada hirin' some fancypants en-gi-neer-in company !
:v: How much did them engyneers want anyway ? !
:haw: 'Bout $15 million bucks I hear !

Net result ? This week an entire nuclear power plant was written off as un-fixable. Total dollar cost (spent so far + building a new gas fired plant to replace this one) is up around $3 billion. Number of jobs killed ? around 600.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/energy/article1273794.ece

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

`Nemesis posted:

At least nothing of value was lost

Ok yes its on fire, but I wanna know what's up with that whole metal framework thing going on under the rear bumper that allows the trailer hitch to get down to something like a normal level. Anyone who ever rear ended that thing would get their radiator impaled something good.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Safety Dance posted:

Incoming horrible failure
https://i.imgur.com/d2scN0o.mp4

edit: reuploaded to imgur

Ok so since I seriously doubt the person in question googled "home made pulse jet car mod" what in the name of combustion is making the exhaust gasses get that hot ? super rich on the mixture ? accidental DEF in system ? demons ? what ?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Why the hell did that low rider even have a towing hitch installed on it ? :psyduck:

MREBoy fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 27, 2023

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Abandoned in some Middle Eastern country due to draconian debt laws ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

How in the name of gravy is one truck capable of hauling that much weight at one time ? I can sort of understand it once something like that is moving but anything related to actually starting to move or stop (hella inertia) I don't get. 96 speed transmission and tires made out of bullshittium/unobtanium ?