Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Das Volk posted:

Wow, I missed this first pass, that W12 :gonk: and 4 timing chains?? what the gently caress, VAG?

Just remember you're King rear end in a top hat if you have the audacity to claim that VW/Audi make lovely cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There's still plenty of meat on those backing plates.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I still feel kinda bad for laughing at this when I opened up Wired this morning:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Find an E30 and do the needful. :getin:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I haven't heard anything particularly bad about VW ignition electronics, just the rest of the electronics.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh yeah, I forgot that you can basically point to anything on an A4/B5 car and it's going to fail and it's going to cost you $100.

e: to be fair to myself, I haven't really come across that many people complaining about the coilpacks in particular; it's usually at the end of a list of half a dozen things that are currently hosed on the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

NitroSpazzz posted:

From the ChumpCar race this weekend.

6:45am - "Those pads have plenty of life, should last the day just fine"
2:45pm - "Getting some pretty bad brake fade guys, see if we have spare pads to toss in at the next pit stop"
3:00pm - "Ok brakes are poo poo but I'm going to try a few more laps, next driver suit up and get tools ready"
3:05pm - "I'm off, sitting in the gravel trap off turn 2. I'll be in as soon as the rescue truck pulls me out"

Tossed in new pads, fresh driver and finished up the race.

What car and pad?