Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
This was the bottom of the oil pan on my very first motorcycle about 1200km after buying it :(

Click here for the full 1805x1200 image.

Oh my poor conrod bearing.

And conrod

"New" engine is back in the bike and running, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
So the rear differential on my '89 Cherokee decided it didn't want to make it to 400,000 KM. Only 3,000 more to go :( Was just outside of town and doing about 100 KPH when I heard a loud KABANG! and thump thump thump thump as the jeep slowed to a hault. gently caress. Got it back home the next day and found a surprise in my diff.

The pinion gear is mostly gone, shredded into bits. Took out some of the ring gear, and part of the housing. It still had plenty of oil in it, I guess it was just over stressed from 397,000KM of abuse. Goodbye, Dana 35, you served me well. :patriot:

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

CommieGIR posted:

I had this happen to me....same axle as well. Didn't lock up, so I dragged myself home in 4x4 mode using the front axle, cringing as I heard the metal shards in the back scraping and popping and clanging.

That's word for word exactly what I did. Haha! Everyone was looking at me, and my dad driving behind me could hear it. Oh those were bad sounds.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
Crosspost from the Supermotard thread in CA. My DRZ400SM blew up on me 6 days after buying it from a guy. Dropped a valve and the entire top end is fubar!

(Click to enlarge)

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Captain McAllister posted:

Haha, you're on BCSB, too, aren't you? Black DRZ from Vic?

Yes sir. I bought it from Vic, and brought it back home to Kelowna. Whats your user name there? And where are ya from?

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Devyl posted:

:laffo:

Also that piston looks very similiar to my Suzuki DRZ's piston posted a few pages back:

I think yours wins though.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

General_Failure posted:

I hear a 50/50 brake fluid/ATF mix makes a good replacement for muffler fluid as long as you're sure to make sure it's always topped right up.

I couldn't believe this, but the new Ford diesel pickups have exhaust fluid. True story.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

WHAT A DAY posted:

I cant wait to see the crane they build to pick up that crane :allears:

I assume they will just support the girders with another crane-boat, cut off the girders, put them on the boat, then flip the barge back over.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Slow is Fast posted:

Impreza 2002 owner here. Yep. It was poo poo. I pulled my ABS fuse and sensors and wired up my bulb to flash on key on because seriously, the abs is going to hurt more then help. I learned to drive on a jeep without abs and know what threshold braking is. The abs used to go apeshit on my RS under tarmac braking.

Hey 02 RS/TS buddy. I did the same thing. ABS light is perma-on for me, I haven't bothered ripping anything but the fuse out.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
This qualifies as a mechanical failure right? My Subaru kinda broke in my last rally-race when I went off a blind crest into not-the-road. Broke the wheel, which I then drove on for another 7+km at rally speed, and when I finally stopped because I lost brake pressure I found this! Caliper pins and pads ejected, rotor is hosed, the knuckle sheared at the trailing arm mount, and to top it off I bent the passenger front strut tower in about 20mm! This is what I get for trying to keep up with the fast teams I guess!

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

atomicthumbs posted:

Why do you have a sheet of drywall hoseclampped to your suspension

1/4" arena board. Basically a skid plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Slow is Fast posted:

How do you plan to tackle the front end repair?

Look for a body shop sponsorship that will do free labor. Failing that, measurements from the FSM and a hydraulic jack. And then DOM from cage to the tower