Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
I live just west of chicago. So, access is easy. 10 minutes from o-hare. :-)

Hydrocloric acid should happily etch the aluminum. That would definitely get things going.

I worry that we'll eat through a piston before we get a hole in the block.

Test subjects... Now we just need some class d personnel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Sir Cornelius posted:

a 4 on the open Sockington scale.

The sockington scale needs to be an official measure.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Sir Cornelius posted:

A pile of rust is a 6-10 on the Sockington scale, and a house-sized pile is 11. If it has tires it's only a 5. A 4 is somewhat drivable.

A perfect restoration is 1.0 Moocow.

50 mouse-scrolls worth of text is 0.3 Z3n.

Professor-level advise for simple questions is 0.8 Nerobro.

I thought those measurements were solidly established already?

I'm flattered. And I think these need to be properly documented and distrubted to the rest of the internet. I want "A full Z3n" to be a measurement on #chan, and ribbet.

Time to break out photoshop....

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

thelightguy posted:

Until you have a fire.

Nitrous Oxide makes a decent extinguishing material. It needs compression to get enough energy to de-bond the nitrogen and oxygen. It works a lot like co2 on a fire.

Strangely enough...

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

kastein posted:

yeah, it's an oxidizer. You can put fire out by taking away the fuel, the oxidizer, or the heat... I wouldn't want to spray nitrous oxide on a fire to put it out any more than I'd want to spray liquid oxygen on a fire to put it out.

Maybe I'm wrong here (in fact probably) but it still strikes me as a relatively poor life choice.
Something like half the horsepower benefit of nitrous oxide comes from the immense charge cooling that comes from the foggers. I don't have the book handy to give you the numbers.

It's not an oxidizer until you break the bonds. :-)

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Franklin has a 12 cylinder SERIES of motors. From like 350 to 500hp. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_12_series

Now Porsche had the 12 cylinder that powered the 917 series. With up to 1500hp...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Ola posted:

Holy balls. That thing moves so much air you might kickstart a weather system with it.

You might need a weather system to start it.