Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Ferremit posted:

its lightly scored teh crank on #2, but not in a big way, so we're going to try a technique used in Sprint Cars many moons back- Throw a set of standard bearings in, Run em for 10K kms, let em scrape the crank smooth again, Rip em out, throw em away and replace them with a new set and keep an eye on the motor.

Might work, Or i might be back into the bottom end in 20K kms cos its got a knock again!

I did that with a Tercel for a couple of years, the PO ran it out of oil and it started knocking lightly on one cylinder. So i'd drop the oil pan every 6 months and put one new rod bearing in on cylinder 2 and keep driving the poo poo out of it. Finally got rid of it after the clutch went because I couldn't justify doing that without replacing the engine and I just couldn't justify that for the shape of the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006