Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Phy posted:

I think so, yeah. If it sounds almost exactly like English, and you can't understand it at all, it's probably Dutch. There was actually a thread about that on SA last year, asking what English sounds like to people who aren't brought up speaking it, and someone suggested Dutch as sort of an analogue.

Your hunch is correct, they are speaking Dutch. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Delivery McGee posted:

Yeah, it's not like it's an axe head welded to a flywheel with no safety mechanisms whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ejWHlPLaE

That's totally a good idea.

quote:

Jack Dickson

To Figginwidowmaker: Well most don't approve of the seeming dangerous limb lopping device. The truth of the matter, as I see it, is it's like interacting with a wild animal, if you show fear and apprehension you're done. I've cut near 20+ cord since the video and not as much as a splinter. The video looks as though each chop is near amputation, I keep at least 10 inches from any part of the wheel and with a couple small improvements to prevent kickbacks it just makes noise.................as well as scaring the hell out of onlookers. NO FEAR! Thanks for the input though, its much appreciated.

Holy loving idiot.