Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

Hillridge posted:

Reading about the Italian cruise liner led me to this pictorial of the MV Tricolor salvage operation

The pictures are nice and high res, so be sure to enlarge them.

What do they use to cut a ship into sections like that? If you look at some of the pictures (like this one) it seems like it was cut with a giant bandsaw. Look at how the cut line travels across the 3 engines.

Most of these ships are assembled in large sections like that. I assume they disassemble them in the same way for salvage (by cutting, most likely)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

Root Bear posted:

2006 Ford Explorer. "There's a clunking noise in the rear."

Good to see that Ford at least learned how to make springs that won't puncture a tire when they shatter completely. :ughh:

How is that rotor so rusted? Is the calliper seized as well?

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

joat mon posted:

So you can go faster if your speedo uses imperial?

These are the same speeds... (?)

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

MattO posted:

Dash cam that filmed the plane crash in Russia, possible mechanical failure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEQdW6yS5o4

Whoa, the tire bouncing off the car in front of him and the seats, geez.

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

Crustashio posted:

Is it against the law to drive around with snow on your car there? I know in NS you can at least get a ticket for it, and I'm pretty sure if that happened you could be held liable for the damage.

Yeah I remember once a truck crossing one of the bridges in Halifax had ice fly off and smash a windshield - the guy was charged / fined for it.

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

I remember this - the FJ was at the SGI salvage lot in Regina, SK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.
I second the maintenance comment on that uhaul.. I could easily put that much plywood in the back of my pickup truck and I wouldn't have that problem. If it was stacked to the roof maybe, but that's only like 15 or 20 sheets of plywood..

edit: the door of a uhaul is only about 7 feet-ish wide. So those aren't full sheets of 4x8 of plywood.

superv0zz fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 31, 2013