Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Neurosis posted:

The soon-to-be-relased Kone Pro Air looks great for anyone who's not a fan of the standard Intellimouse/Zowie shape the overwhelming majority of ergo mice have. It's like the kone pure shape with a slightly less aggressive groove on the left - the super deep thumb hole was my only complaint with that shape. 76g, wireless. Ideally I'd like it to be a few g lighter but it looks pretty damned great.

Edit: There's a wired version which is 66g. I'll definitely be getting one of those - it's a bit cheaper too at $80 compared to the wireless' $130.

Well, are the LEDs under the buttons fully customizable RGB? This is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

64bit_Dophins
Jan 2, 2014
https://www.cars.com/articles/how-much-oil-consumption-is-normal-1420682864535/

Is there anything special about the mechanical switches Steelseries uses on their mice?

My Deathadder died so I started using the Rival 110 I had been using with my work laptop and it is so much more satisfying to click than the deathadder.

For some reason the mouse input feels better in a way I can't exactly describe.

Does Steelseries make a bigger "arch" shaped mouse like the Logitech G500 or Deathadder that's any good?

This Rival 110 actually owns but the mouse itself is too small for it to be my "main mouse".

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

64bit_Dophins posted:

Is there anything special about the mechanical switches Steelseries uses on their mice?

My Deathadder died so I started using the Rival 110 I had been using with my work laptop and it is so much more satisfying to click than the deathadder.

Does Steelseries make a bigger "arch" shaped mouse like the Logitech G500 or Deathadder that's any good?

This Rival 110 actually owns but the mouse itself is too small for it to be my "main mouse".

I'm not super familiar with the Steelseries mice internals or ratings, but someone posted this mouse shape comparison tool a few pages back that's pretty neat for just getting a sense of how the mouse will look in 3d compared to another one. It doesn't have every mouse (like I don't see the G500, but it does have the G502 since it's newer and still being made). For example:
https://www.rtings.com/mouse/tools/3d-model-shape-compare/logitech-g502-hero-vs.-steelseries-rival-650?orientation=3D

Freakazoid_
Jul 4, 2013

Buglord

64bit_Dophins posted:

I've been using mine for over a year and a couple months ago the mouse wheel started acting up. It hasn't interfered greatly with my gaming yet but it gets bad sometimes when browsing.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003

Fallen Rib

isndl posted:

Well, are the LEDs under the buttons fully customizable RGB? This is important.

Of course, although, if it's anything like the Kone Pure Ultra, one use of them at full brightness will burn out your retinas.

64bit_Dophins
Jan 2, 2014
https://www.cars.com/articles/how-much-oil-consumption-is-normal-1420682864535/

Freakazoid_ posted:

I've been using mine for over a year and a couple months ago the mouse wheel started acting up. It hasn't interfered greatly with my gaming yet but it gets bad sometimes when browsing.

On the Rival 110 or the Deathadder?

Rexxed posted:

I'm not super familiar with the Steelseries mice internals or ratings, but someone posted this mouse shape comparison tool a few pages back that's pretty neat for just getting a sense of how the mouse will look in 3d compared to another one. It doesn't have every mouse (like I don't see the G500, but it does have the G502 since it's newer and still being made). For example:
https://www.rtings.com/mouse/tools/3d-model-shape-compare/logitech-g502-hero-vs.-steelseries-rival-650?orientation=3D

Thanks for posting this! I was thinking about that post and I'm glad you linked it bc I was having trouble locating it.

The G500 is ancient at this point but it was the best mouse I have ever owned bar none.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

64bit_Dophins posted:

Thanks for posting this! I was thinking about that post and I'm glad you linked it bc I was having trouble locating it.

The G500 is ancient at this point but it was the best mouse I have ever owned bar none.

I have one too and mostly switched off of it for mice with better sensors (FPS gaming). I still use it on my second PC with the MX master on the third PC. So my daily mice are the G502, G500, and MX Master. I like them all for different things.

3peat
May 6, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/n2mqko/my_model_o_popped_and_caught_on_fire/

edit: the guy was probably lying

3peat fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 2, 2021

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I like this guy's prorities:

quote:

zixx999
4 hours ago

What's the weight of it now tho? Might do a mod like this

Freakazoid_
Jul 4, 2013

Buglord

64bit_Dophins posted:

rival 110

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

did anyone manage to get one of the new finalmouse mice? Just launched, sold out already of course

Magnesium shell sounds pretty cool

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I've been super happy with my Viper Mini so far, it just fits my tiny hands so well. The one thing I miss from Logitech is the ability of set multiple profiles per one game, which was trivial on G Hub but is apparently impossible on Synapse. Is there any other way to do that (on Synapse or otherwise)? Basically for work I used to switch between two profiles on the same app, depending of the actions I needed to perform. Had to settle with just the basic macros because of Synapse, which slows me down on certain tasks.

Ignis fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 3, 2021

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Freakazoid_ posted:

Anecdotal: I've been using a Steelseries Kana for over 8 years now and mechanically it's perfect. Only issue is the braid on the cable has frayed from where I kept pulling it against my old desk which had a rough back edge.

Having said that I am looking at replacing it, only because it's ambidextrous, and I never use the second side button because it's not comfortable to press it with my grip, so I'd like to get one with two side buttons for my thumb. Wired only, I don't like wireless input devices for my PC.

Neurosis posted:

The soon-to-be-relased Kone Pro Air looks great for anyone who's not a fan of the standard Intellimouse/Zowie shape the overwhelming majority of ergo mice have. It's like the kone pure shape with a slightly less aggressive groove on the left - the super deep thumb hole was my only complaint with that shape. 76g, wireless. Ideally I'd like it to be a few g lighter but it looks pretty damned great.

Edit: There's a wired version which is 66g. I'll definitely be getting one of those - it's a bit cheaper too at $80 compared to the wireless' $130.

This actually looks pretty interesting, anyone have any first hand experience with this? Or alternatives which are similar?

E: Just realised that one isnt actually out til next week.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 9, 2021

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

my g400s finally conked out, looking for something with similar ergonomics but maybe not so heavy, 80-90g, apparently the comparable Logitech models have some pretty bad reliability issues. Any recommendations for something low-mid range?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

I'm just waiting on CoolerMaster to release their MM731 already.

Hurry up damnit, Q2 2021 is ending soon.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The razer salmosa I bought off of woot for $13 in 2009 finally died. What’s the closest thing I can get now?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Slippery Tilde

Is anyone else getting weird phantom clicks on twitter or is my G5 dying? I can't tell if it's only happening on twitter or twitter's just the only place where I make the right motions to cause it.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it's just twitter.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 14, 2021

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Not a Children posted:

The razer salmosa I bought off of woot for $13 in 2009 finally died. What’s the closest thing I can get now?

Amazon's suggesting these (although who knows what algorithm it's using to make the suggestion):

The latter two are the Razer Mini Ultralight:
https://smile.amazon.com/Razer-Viper-Ultralight-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B084RPZD6T/
And the Razer Mamba Elite:
https://smile.amazon.com/Razer-Mamba-Elite-Programmable-Ergonomic/dp/B07F816PH9/
I'm not a huge razer fan even though my Lachesis I got many years ago still works, I found the low and flat shape gave me tingly numb fingers but those seem like they might be similar to what you had.

If you have a general idea of the mouse shape you like this tool for mouse shape comparisons was linked in the thread recently. It won't have the Salmosa since it's an older mouse, but it has a lot of the new ones:
https://www.rtings.com/mouse/tools/3d-model-shape-compare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

$30 is an insane deal for a Viper Mini and it's hard to argue with as a cheap mouse with optical switches to avoid the switch failure plague.