Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I have a non-Spectrum Logitech g502, and lately in Guild Wars 2, it seems like the right mouse button is having a hard time registering being held down for free movement. This is affecting my raidscore!

I got the mouse through a Canadian electronics retailer that's since gone under, so I didn't bother keeping my receipt. Any thoughts on what I may want to try, or should I see if Logitech Support will take pity on me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
If you've had it for less than 2 years call logitech and be ready with your S/N, if not you might be able to try opening it up and cleaning the microswitch contact out using a guide found online. If you liked it a lot, the G502 goes on significant sale pretty often.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Augh, my Corsair Scimitar middle mouse button isn't working and couldn't find a fix and it's rather annoying.
So I'm looking for a replacement, prefer MMO mice, but Im willing to give anything a whirl these days. Finger/claw grip, meaty paw, need something that's a bit larger.

Any recommendations are very welcomed.
Eh, I said gently caress it and ordered a G502.

Robzilla fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 8, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Any good recommendations for replacing a razer salmosa (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153042 for reference)? Picked one up off woot like 6 years ago for 20 bucks and it's been hands down my favorite mouse ever, it's kind of "small" but it's flat enough that I usually just rest the bottom of my palm on my desk and it's well designed for my long fingers (I think they call this fingertip grip?). It's got no flair to it, no extra buttons, no leds, and I like that. The left click is finally going out so I'm lookin around amo but it seems like even the cheapish ones all have gaudy glow in dark poo poo as well as 20 buttons I'm not gonna use.

GoatShaver
Nov 12, 2010

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I have a non-Spectrum Logitech g502, and lately in Guild Wars 2, it seems like the right mouse button is having a hard time registering being held down for free movement. This is affecting my raidscore!

I got the mouse through a Canadian electronics retailer that's since gone under, so I didn't bother keeping my receipt. Any thoughts on what I may want to try, or should I see if Logitech Support will take pity on me?

Logitech replaces drat near anything - call them anyway.

I kicked a dongle on a customers machine and snapped it right now, they next day aired one to her free of cost. Didn't even charge me for shipping. Hooked me right there, never stray too far from Logitech products now.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm debating replacing my G700s (I think that's the one I have) since I've been finding the battery life just not cutting it, and it's been acting really screwy in regards to the DPI profiles or something - plugging in the charge cable, or leaving the mouse alone long enough seems to cause the DPI setting to change (which can be fixed by loving with the DPI switcher buttons, but annoying)

How is the 502? I like having a bit more then the standard two thumb buttons without going full on MMO mouse.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
I just picked a Logitech spectrum RGB 502 from my local microcenter yesterday (they price matched Amazon and took 20 or 30 bucks off the list price) to replace my G600 for all non MMO games and general use.

Right off the bat it feels a lot nicer in my hand than the 600 did. I'll just have to get used to the left finger buttons on the top. The top lower/bottom one is kind of hard to hit but I have kind of long fingers. Still, that gives me 3 thumbo buttons and an extra left click, which is more than enough for me for anything that isnt a full MMO.

Also I dig the infinite scrollwheel. That is a selling point right there. That slick mousewheel plus autohotkey (wheel down plus control = left click, wheel down plus alt = right click) is heaven for me.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
drat it the angular shape of the G402 is making it uncomfortable after a while specifically for my ring and pinky fingers. I'm now thinking of getting a G203 or a G303 since they have a more rounded shape and return the G402.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 10, 2017

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
My MX518 just bit the dust after 11 years of service. Went and grabbed a g502 and had to return it. Was too narrow for my hands. I loved it though. great sensor and the extra buttons we're bad either. I read some good reviews on the Zowie EC1-A so I grabbed one from MicroCenter. Not bad. It's comfortable and pretty close to the MX518. The mouse wheel is kinda meh. The scroll doesn't really feel right on it. I'm considering checking out the Rival 300 or 700, but I'm open to other suggestions. I mainly play Overwatch or other FPS type games with it. What other mouses should I take a look at while I have the return window open.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
What's the gooncensus on the G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM(TM)?
I'm growing a bit tired of my G502 and it's cable.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I dig it. The profile feels a little higher, and it's symmetric, but it's excellent. Fewer buttons to use, but I still managed to port all my mappings.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Yeah, the G900 is a real nice mouse. I honestly wish it didn't have the RGB lighting on it, because it's a bit inconsistent about keeping the light off when plugging and unplugging it despite the settings being saved to the mouse, but that's my only complaint. It comfortable for me to hold and as dumb as it sounds to focus on that part, I really enjoy how clicking with it feels.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
My problem went away after I let the power drain for it to turn it off to conserve battery.

Problem arose when I tried standby mode on Windows 10.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?

redeyes posted:

How in the hell do people keep buying Logitech garbage? If any of their crap lasts more than 2 years it would surprise me.

My mouse of choice the MS comfort mouse 6000 and is of course the best thing ever. Light as a feather. Tracks on any surface. Accurate as hell. Whats not to love?

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Co...fort+mouse+6000

Well I've had my G700s for 3 years now, since early 2014. No problems emerged at all, the shoulder has always been a tiny bit larger than I'd like but I make up for that with a giant mousepad and scooting my keyboard a bit further to the left. It's been solid for gaming, although I only use it wirelessly under rare circumstances because I prefer lower input lag. Primarily I like its programmability, great for customizing buttons in stupid games that have have hardcoded keys that can't be reassigned. Tough poo poo game, I have logitech. I win.

I've also been using my G15 gaming keyboard since 2007, served me flawlessly as my primary keyboard for many years, saw its LCD panel used for ingame applets, time, resource usage, even the RSS feed has been a lot of fun over the years. My faithful g15 has even been on numerous trips around the US and abroad. Since early 2016 it's been moved to a secondary role, all the keys still work (solid build quality, of course) but the spacebar sometimes gets stuck, I've de-dusted the thing thoroughly but I'd probably have to take it apart to really clean inside. My G15 is the reason why I really swear by logitech products (at least their higher-end stuff), just solid quality all-around.

Now I'm using a G510s keyboard, I wanted extra programmable keys on the side & this model has the most. My only complaint is the lack of USB slots on the keyboard (the g15 had 2) and the swap app button on the LCD display is finicky. Sorry for the non-mouse tangent, just had to stand up for my personal experience with logitech at least.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 10, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
My Logitech G700s is dying :(

It's a few years old now and it's had a hard life.

The scrollwheel no longer scrolls at all and the left mouse button has developed a tendency to double click for single presses and not double click for actual double presses which is incredibly annoying.

I've been looking around at the other options, but nothing really grabs me. However, the G602 looks right up my alley. I have all the buttons on my G700s set up with macros and keyboard shortcuts and it's just great and the G600 has even more buttons without going overboard.

What's the general consensus on the G602?

EDIT: please help me, I'm scrolling web pages using my keyboard's arrow keys. Arrow keys!

I'm one small step away from holding and dragging the scollbar.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 11, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gorilla Salad posted:

EDIT: please help me, I'm scrolling web pages using my keyboard's arrow keys. Arrow keys!

I'm one small step away from holding and dragging the scollbar.

Middle click scroll supremacy.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
Page up and page down work just fine.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
As do space and shift+space :eng101:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
j/k for single line, ctrl d/ctrl u for half a page (I have mine mapped to J and K) and ctrl f/ctrl b for full page :colbert:

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

Gorilla Salad posted:

What's the general consensus on the G602?

I like mine. The battery life is extremely good.

It's missing a friction-less scroll wheel, but other than that there's not really anything else I wish it had.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Looks like Zowie are coming out with a white glossy EC1/2-A this month

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Man I'm really happy with the G900. I forgot how great wireless gaming is, even though my workstation has an MX Master.
So after 3 days: AA would buy again.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I got a G203 and it's much more comfortable so the G402 is getting sent back. Yeah I know the G203 only rated for 10 million clicks per button but I think my old G400 was rated for that many clicks and the cable wore out instead of the buttons.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Well I bought a g403, and it seems nice, I like the shape and the feel, really reminds me of the deathadder to bad the middle mouse button was broke on it, it would only click if you pushed it to the right. So sent it in for RMA.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
My G602 arrived and it's really nice.

It'll take a bit to get used to the different button placement and to wear in the new mouse grip, but I think this one's definitely going to be a keeper.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does anyone know what model the Andromeda branded mouse is? They don't seem to mention it anywhere.

You get the best look at it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O4dSILx0O0&t=177s

Looks like the 403 wireless model probably?

I need a new mouse and the color scheme looks nicer than black on black on black, so if it's not marked up over the regular model I was thinking of buying that one.

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.

Megalixir posted:

Looks like Zowie are coming out with a white glossy EC1/2-A this month

Where did you find the exact release date?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

Any good recommendations for replacing a razer salmosa (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153042 for reference)? Picked one up off woot like 6 years ago for 20 bucks and it's been hands down my favorite mouse ever, it's kind of "small" but it's flat enough that I usually just rest the bottom of my palm on my desk and it's well designed for my long fingers (I think they call this fingertip grip?). It's got no flair to it, no extra buttons, no leds, and I like that. The left click is finally going out so I'm lookin around amo but it seems like even the cheapish ones all have gaudy glow in dark poo poo as well as 20 buttons I'm not gonna use.

As an update on this I ended up picking up a ROCCAT Lua for 20 bucks off amazon. Perfect replacement to the salmosa, similar shape and feel, nice sensitivity and accuracy. It does have a dumb "breathing" logo but you can turn it off. Been using it for a week or so now and would certainly recommend to anyone who prefers a simple mouse.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Does anyone know what model the Andromeda branded mouse is? They don't seem to mention it anywhere.

You get the best look at it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O4dSILx0O0&t=177s

Looks like the 403 wireless model probably?

I need a new mouse and the color scheme looks nicer than black on black on black, so if it's not marked up over the regular model I was thinking of buying that one.

Thats definitely a G403. I like that white and blue colorway even if I don't give the slightest shits about Mass Effect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Horizontal Tree posted:

Thats definitely a G403. I like that white and blue colorway even if I don't give the slightest shits about Mass Effect.

Cool, that seems to be more the model for me. I have a G602 now but I just set all 6 thumb buttons to back and forward because top or bottom is about as precise as I can get with them. And I never use the 2 extra LMB buttons.

As long as they're not charging a pointless premium for it I think I'll order the ME:A one.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Do it. I adore my G403.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
After buying some cheap chinese rechargeable wireless mice last time my company need some more that aren't total poo poo. Whats the cheapest reliable mouse that doesn't require batteries instead just charging through usb when needed?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

honestly don't buy cheap mice. bad ergonomics will mess up your hands. get something from a reputable brand

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've been using na MX Master but we'll be buying a few and just something decent that doesn't require batteries despite being wireless would be good

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.

Jose posted:

I've been using na MX Master but we'll be buying a few and just something decent that doesn't require batteries despite being wireless would be good

Nah. Batteries are way more convenient for an office environment. Hoping that random employees remember to keep their mouse charged is too much to ask for. Non-gaming wireless mice last for 6 months to 1 year on a battery anyways.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Lolcano Eruption posted:

Nah. Batteries are way more convenient for an office environment. Hoping that random employees remember to keep their mouse charged is too much to ask for. Non-gaming wireless mice last for 6 months to 1 year on a battery anyways.

IMO the G700S has the perfect configurationm, which I think has been adopted by most of the higher end Logitech wireless line at this point..

It's rechargeable, using a single NiMH AA. Replacements are readily available at any retail store with a battery rack and a non-rechargeable AA can be used to power the mouse in a pinch. Charging is done over USB using a standard Micro-B port on the front of the mouse and it can operate entirely wired without the dongle when plugged in.

IMO just having the thing plugged and working as a wired mouse in during the 95% of the time that I don't need wireless is the most convenient option, and certainly the most sane for an office environment.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Hi thread! I am looking for a ergonomic wired/wireless mouse that I can also kind of game with sometimes. Mostly FPS. Also a wireless mouse for my laptop that is also at least somewhat ergo.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
G403 is easily the place the start your search.

Hackjack
Apr 1, 2013
Is there a way to get the Logitech MX Master to remember it's settings without a driver on the computer?

Recently bought a MX Master for work. Has great size and feel, for me! But realized that it has a couple deal-breaking settings. (sensitivity way too low, scroll wheel is inverted with respect to the other things I'm using, programmable button functions, etc.)

I can set those pretty easily on my personal computer, but I don't want to deal with downloading custom applications onto a work machine. Is there any way to get the mouse to "remember" its settings instead of reverting to default on a different computer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hackjack posted:

Is there a way to get the Logitech MX Master to remember it's settings without a driver on the computer?

Recently bought a MX Master for work. Has great size and feel, for me! But realized that it has a couple deal-breaking settings. (sensitivity way too low, scroll wheel is inverted with respect to the other things I'm using, programmable button functions, etc.)

I can set those pretty easily on my personal computer, but I don't want to deal with downloading custom applications onto a work machine. Is there any way to get the mouse to "remember" its settings instead of reverting to default on a different computer?

No. On board memory for mice is rare, and will typically specifically be marketed with it. This is why I use the G300s at work, so I don't have to install software at work.