Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Man, I kind of wish they still had the MX300 kicking around. I still am using one that's god knows how old, the paint's worn on the buttons and the rubber looks like a grody mess, but the only thing that's wrong with it now is the mousewheel, which is starting to scroll up sometimes after flicking it downward. If there's a cheap way to fix this, I'm all ears.

It's crazy how the MX300 has literally disappeared. You can't even find these things on eBay anymore, I've tried. Someday archaeologists will uncover records from the bombed-out shell of Logitech's corporate offices with the mysterious model number 'MX300' and no-one will be able to locate a sample.

... probably because some hoarder went ahead and hoarded every one he could find to prepare for a lifetime of post-apocalyptic web browsing, I guess. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Kensington seems to be the main option when it comes to trackballs these days and I don't have a very fond opinion of Kensington. The Orbit that I got who knows how long ago works fine but it is rather uncomfortable to use.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Medikit posted:

My Logitech Mx300 just broke. I've been using it for almost 10 years. Before using this mouse I had used a Microsoft intellimouse with a ball so you can see I am picky and partial to mice. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money. I don't really want a lot of buttons on my mouse, I just want something that is comfortable and works well.

You could try looking for a Logitech G1. It seems to be a model that's only really distributed in Korea, however, so you'd have to hop on eBay and order one from Starcraftland to get one. However it pretty much looks exactly alike a MX300 in all but color layout, and I'm often trying to resist breaking down and buying one so that when my MX300 reaches its limit I have a similar mouse to fall back onto.

Logitech's LS1 looks like it keeps the same general shape of the MX300, but I don't think it has the extra button, and it includes a tilt wheel. Not sure how the overall quality is on those, though.

edit: Screw it, buying an LS1 on eBay. I'll get a trip report done later.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jun 7, 2011

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Well, the LS1 I ordered came in:

It's considerably smaller than the MX300, which makes it pretty darn small, as that the 300 isn't exactly the biggest mouse in the lineup. The cord is thinner and the buttons have a much louder click to them. The wheel is also a tad loose, so that if you push the wheel up a little bit, your webpage will scroll up even though you don't hear the audible 'click' that usually indicates your scroll wheel's been activated. The sides of the mouse have a tacky rubber applied underneath the lime green line that you see in the picture.

The laser seems to be quite sensitive, compared to my MX it covers a lot more screen distance for the same amount of movement. This is very disorienting to me, I'd have to tone down the sensitivity a notch or two to be able to use the mouse the same way.

Bottom line is, it's no MX300. I'd use it as a backup or for my netbook, but it's not going to be a suitable replacement anytime soon.

e: Be glad I didn't take a picture of the rest of my desk or you'd have a heart attack :v:

nftyw fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 14, 2011

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

thrawn86 posted:

someone help me. I now own 3 logitech MX mice and I need another.

portable (anywhere mx) ? check
desktop (performance mx)? check
office (mx310)? check

I'll offer you my MX300 for a cool forty bucks. :v: I'll even throw in a free mousepad! Pretty much nearly impossible to find this model anywhere anymore, too. No, not really.

edit: Well, I tried cleaning what I could, but I've had this mouse and pad for what must be over six years at least. It's pretty much beyond what a simple cleaning can help at this point. :v: You'll just have to take solace that your mousing surface and device look a million times better than mine.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 14, 2011

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wow, that is surreal. I thought it'd be some kinda knockoff but apparantly they renamed the name of their Japanese branch. My assumption here is the original name has some kind of unfortunate problem in how it's spelled/pronounced, I guess?

edit: Ah. From Wikipedia:

"In the Japanese market, Logitech uses the brand name Logicool[2] since a company known as Logitec (ロジテック rojitekku?) that focuses on computer peripheral devices has existed in that country since 1982, and its parent company, Elecom, has used the brand name since 1974. Similar-sounding trademarks in the same industry can be infringing; Logitech chose to avoid this situation."

Take that home to the states and you'll make a few heads turn like 'whaaaat?'

nftyw fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 20, 2011

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
God drat, look at those pics in the first link. The thing has a battleaxe, a racing wheel AND a targeting reticule coming out from the top. The thing's a veritable swiss army knife!

... Looks like it even comes with a free hard hat, too. As a bonus there's some crazy Deus Ex stuff going on at the bottom.

e: Oh wait, the G300 comes with two battleaxes. Hm, choices.

Honestly speaking it is nice to see another successor to the venerable MX300, though it is a bit saddening to see that I'd have to order from Asia to get one; not that it'd be impossible to order one from overseas, but... it'd be nice to be able to have a model that I could actually look at when at a Best Buy or Office Depot or something.

e: Also jeez that cord is thin as hell.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 20, 2011

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe the Intellimouse v3.0? I tried Logitech's LS1, which is way too small even for my tastes (still using an MX300), and it also has an annoying tilt wheel, though to its merit I don't think I have had too much trouble with accidental tilts (it's still way too drat small though).

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I wound up picking up a Logitech V220 wireless mouse from the local discount store for $13 or so, and then pulled another $20 impulse buy on a G1 online just now to replace my aging MX300.

The V220 has a different optical sensor that doesn't emit a red light from the LED, which I'm not really sure if I like or not. The V220 does have an on/off switch too, though it could have been made more obvious if the mouse is on or not with some color on the switch, as the lack of the red optical sensor makes it harder to check at a glance. The sensor is pretty sensitive coming from the MX300, to the point where I am massively overshooting my mouse movements while using it. I'd definitely need to tweak my mouse sensitivity if I wanted to replace my MX with this guy, but it's surprisingly comfortable in my hand, particularly if I use the wrist rest on my (ancient and grody) mouse pad.

Functionally the middle click doesn't seem to open the universal scroll thing like it did on the MX300, however it does have a tilt wheel, which scrolls around in Windows 7 right out of the box, no software install needed.

Overall the extra height makes me more keen on the V220 than the LS1 laser mouse I tried out on the cheap a month or two ago, but the much smaller length makes it clear that this is meant to be a travel mouse.

e: Oh poo poo, I didn't notice but the dongle has a groove in the plastic that slides the on/off switch into the appropriate position when you add/remove the adapter into the holding slot on the bottom. Awesome.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 22, 2011

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks to everyone who suggested the Logitech G1 as an MX300 replacement. Got mine in from Korea and it really is pretty much the exact same thing, only this one has a 'dented metal' and glossy plastic look to it, and the optics in it are much more sensitive. No silly tilt wheels or other fancy stuff, just the good old three button + a scroll design. I love it.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Ancient MX300 user checking in to say that I can't hear any noise from the bottom of my awesome mouse :smug: Must be all that fan noise the computer's making in the background drowning it out :downs:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
My MX300 finally got the double-click/mouse button unreliability issues that doom most mice after awhile, I opened it up and checked out how the button on the switch actually carved a switch-shaped alcove in the plastic. Sad days.

That said I pulled out that G1 that I had as a backup (had to order one from Korea, hah) and it is all good. Looks and feels pretty much identical, just the different casing and coloring. The main thing is I have to re-accustom myself to the higher dpi sensor... if they still had the G1s available in the US I would totally get another backup, but they don't, so.

The MX300 was clearly out of warranty (over 6 years!) so I wound up with a 50% off coupon that I can use in the Logitech store. I'm kind of waffling between just hopping back on eBay and grabbing another G1 (20 bucks or so) and trying to see how new mice fit my hand. I did pick up a cheap M310 wireless about a month ago, which actually works rather nicely. I was eyeing the G300 and the Marathon mouse M705, the G400 looks nice as well. Any recommendations?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

kingcobweb posted:

I've been using a Razer Diamondback for the past six years or so, and the left click has become a bit inconsistent lately.

What I'm looking for: high resolution (I barely move my hand at all to use this mouse, which I love), wired, on the bigger side, and not overly weird and asymmetrical. Don't have too much need for lots of buttons, but I like the back/forward on the thumb that my current mouse has.

Should I still be looking at Razer, or are their products overpriced? Currently looking at the Lachesis.

I personally replaced my Loitech MX300 with a G1 and it's great stuff. If you need a higher resolution you might need to grab a G100. However, these are both made for the asian market and are thus somewhat small and also nearly impossible to find stateside.

I shipped over a G1 from Korea to Hawaii because I knew my MX300 was going to fail sooner or later, when the left mouse button started to have similar left click issues I just made the swap. Not so much in the way of extra buttons though.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Stick that thing alongside a clicky mechanical keyboard and you can tell when stuff is getting done because all you hear is CLICK CLICK WHRRRR CLICK CLICK.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

rolleyes posted:

Honestly, I appreciate the suggestions but I'm perfectly fine without a mouse mat. I know that laser mice will work on the surface and don't mind paying the price premium which comes with them, especially as that effectively gets me a mouse mat the size of my desk.

I'm just trying to find a mouse with roughly the ergonomic characteristics I originally mentioned, preferably with a laser (or something of similar accuracy/versatility) in it.

You could try looking at Logitech's G1/G3/G100 series, they have basic two-button setups with a third button which is pretty hard to notice, and has a similar form factor -- it's not huge and bulky, at least. The real problem with the line is that they don't sell it except in Asia, so getting one pretty much requires importing one in from Korea or somewhere. That said, I replaced my aging MX300 (which pretty much is unobtainable at this point in time) with a G1 and it works splendidly, only costing me $20 or so.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I look forward to hearing of the G100s being discontinued/not available in America because it is not gamer enough for the hardcore gamer, leaving me to import them from Korea :sigh:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I had a computer hardware teacher that liked to use staples and paperclips to do things just like that when fixing or replacing broken tabs or parts on laser printers. I was thinking about trying something like that with my MX300 but eventually decided to just buy a G1 from eBay.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I only use less expensive Logitech stuff like the G1, MX300, M310 and such and I am very happy with their durability and function. The MX300 lasted well over half a decade, which is way more than I could have asked for from a twenty buck mouse. Hell, some of the old Logitech ball mice I have are still rotting away in a drawer somewhere in package because the other ones I were still using worked fine.

I picked up a couple of those e-blue Cobra Juniors from Amazon that are basically really cheap 'gaming' mice and it functions quite well, the back/forward buttons on the left side feel cheesy and cheap but they work. They have a persistant rubbery scent due to the coating on the top, are lit with bright blue LEDs even when the computer is off and are a bit uncomfortable because the shape makes my wrist bent instead of parallel to the desk, but for what amount to around 7 or 8 bucks each it was a good upgrade for my nephew's computer that still had a ball mouse connected to it.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

something original posted:

Does anyone have any recommendation for high quality small mice, preferably wired? I'm talking about tiny "laptop travel mouse" sort of thing. I use the mouse with the tip of my fingers so it has to be very small and very light. Right now I'm using a very cheap one but it's not good.

I'd recommend a a logitech m305 except that its wireless, but overall aside from that it is inexpensive, tiny, durable and very reliable with great battery life. I picked up a logi LS 1 a while ago and didnt like it due to its high dpi and low profile, but it is a smallish wired mouse.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 17, 2013

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Absorbs Smaller Goons posted:

Is the logitech warranty & customer service not what it used to be? I've had their products replaced out of warranty with shipping at their expenses, and they were generally regarded as having the best customer service in the entire computer peripherals industry by others.

Did this change or is it just their australia/remote regions department that suck in the c.r. Department?

I had a cheapy Logitech K120 keyboard that I opened up, tried out then put in storage in case I needed a cheap backup (which will be probably after I die seeing as how my current keyboard is a model M) and I felt like plinking away at rubber domes for a bit, so plugged it in after it was sitting around for half a year and it quietly burned out overnight. I sent an email with the results of my troubleshooting, was requested to take a picture of the serial number (which I did) and they sent me another one, to Hawaii, with no other questions and at no charge.

I had previously tried to get them to replace my MX300, but that thing was well over half a decade old and extremely hard to find nowdays so all I could get was an offer for a discount at the logitech store. I'd already replaced it with a G1 so I passed on it.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think any mouse maker will ever make fully replaceable tops because one of the reasons people buy replacement mice is because the plastic buttons that you click on get indents in them from being in contact with the microswitches. I imagine Logitech's s series can advertize 50 million clicks or whatever on the microswitches all they want, because unless they made the actual plastic of the buttons indestructable, the same grooves will get cut into the things well before you hit ten million clicks or whatever, thus having you buy another mouse (and keeping them in business).

If you can go out and buy a decent ten dollar top instead of a new mouse that's less money you are spending on new mice. Also knockoff companies can clone a piece of plastic a whole lot easier than a full mouse.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

everythingWasBees posted:

So I've been using a series of what I can only assume were all HP M-UAE96 mice over the past four or five years, simply because they just kept on showing up everywhere. I'm finding them reliable, and easily replaceable, if a bit inaccurate at times. That said, I'm entering into a major that makes heavy use of 3d-modeling programs, and I'm wondering if I should maybe upgrade.
If I do, I know that I'd want a somewhat durable, wired mouse, relatively small, at or under fifty dollars. Is there a mouse in this price range that would make a significant difference compared to what I currently have?

EDIT - The reason I'm asking this here is because all the well-rated mice I'm finding online are either seventy to a hundred dollars, or are big and bulky with a bunch of extra buttons that I have little need for.

Logitech G1, G100, or G100s. Last option is more pricey but is more easily found, the G1 and G100 proved unpopular in the states but big in Korea; I had to import mine off eBay for around twenty bucks total.

There are also other options from Steelseries or Roccat but I grew up on cheap, basic Logitech ball mice sort of like the model you had, and found upgrading to a MX300 (later the G1) pretty painless.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
dpi is pretty unimportant and it's basically there for marketing huge numbers like they did during the Gigahertz wars for CPUs. Quite a few gamers stick with something with lower dpi, maybe around a thousand or so, and many swear by the old Intellimouse Opticals due to them not having issues with hardware prediction or angle snapping or whatever they call that stuff.

If you like the feel of smaller mice I always like to plug Logitech's G1/G100/G100s, though if you go to a best buy or someplace to look at mice you're likely to only find the G100s since the prior models pretty much only took off in Korea for Starcraft.

As a personal anecdote, I used Logitech's MX300 (essentially the precursor to the G1) for at least five or six years before I started having problems with it clicking, at which time I ordered a G1 from South Korea and found that aside from an upgraded sensor it really is virtually the same.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Trackballs are a pretty niche item at this point, Kensington is likely to be the only option you have. I still have an ancient USB Orbit of theirs that still works, but for the most part the average consumer doesn't seem to interested in trackballs. To the point where they get discontinued and prices for aftermarket parts shoot through the roof.

If anything those shady Chinese copy factories shouldn't be going for making knockoff mice but knockoff trackballs. I guess it just takes too much effort to produce a workable quality item as compared to a cheap optic sensor and a bit of plastic.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Woot.com has the SteelSeries 62024 Kinzu v2 Gaming Mouse on sale for $11.99 with $5 shipping.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Amazon has a decent looking Gigabyte mouse for ten bucks, free shipping. Seems decently large, has thumb buttons, 4 stars and is pretty cheap.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Just trying out my kinzu v2 I got from woot. A little bigger than the G1 I'm used to, it's also got higher DPI out of the box so it's a lot harder to control. Quite comfortable design for my smallish hand, my thumbs and ring/pinky finger rest comfortably on the sides, though the glossy finish does the top no favors. Not a bad design, but without any extra buttons I wouldn't pay more than the $17 or so that it was its sale price for one, though.

It is a very intense, blazing orange though, which is the reason I picked it up.

e: Another noteworthy thing I noted was that I found I was able to line up headshots way better than I expected with the kinzu and it's high dpi. I loaded up my drawing software and tried checking angle snapping and the G1 definitely displays angle snapping very noticably compared to the kinzu. Do I care? Well, not too much, but it could be a good sign as to why some gamers can snipe and others (me) can't to save their lives.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 16, 2013

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
To me a good feature is price, this orange Steelseries kinzu v2 I probably only got because it was a) cheap and b) orange. Turned out it was a pretty sweet, if feature-bare mouse. Then woot knocked it down a few more dollars, and I was just tripping out.

If I hadn't been sitting on a G1 still I'd have been sorely tempted to have dropped $15 or $25 to grab one or two spares.

e: Some years ago I found that the parents of the guy my sister was going out with was using a computer with Windows 3.1 installed on it. Seemed to be just for playing solitaire.

You can't find mice anymore that work with Windows that old. Mouse wheel? What's that?

nftyw fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 12, 2013

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Probably the best way to figure out if a mouse works for you is to demo it. They're like shoes, they can advertise all the sculpted comfort grips, hypercomforting cushion-forms or double human lifetime lifespan all they want, but if they feel horrible in use, what's the point. I have an LS1 from logitech that is just a bit smaller than my usual Logitech G1 and it's way too tiny for me. I also have a Steelseries Kinzu v2 that is beautiful orange, and it overall works great, but I don't use it as often as I used to because I found it skips sometimes on my drawing tablet (which doubles as my mousepad).

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
As far as wireless mice go, I really like my Logitech M310 but they do have that rubberized material on the sides, and they seem to be getting phased out in favor of newer stuff like the 525. Uses 1 AA, which you can sub a rechargable one for but it does seem to last quite awhile and quite honestly they're really snappy, functional and rather inexpensive mice.

I had an issue with one of the company's cheapo k120 keyboards, I sent tech support an email after doing multiple tests and after snapping a photo of the keyboard serial and sending it off to them they responded by shipping an entirely new keyboard over to Hawaii, no cost nor need to send anything back. I guess the trouble and cost of having to have people take in, inspect, validate and repair hardware is not worth it when they can get a lot more customer appreciation and savings by just saying screw it, ship them a new part and hope it doesn't happen again.

As far as the Bluetrack thing goes, I picked up a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 at a discount store and the thing was terrible. Nothing was wrong with the tracking, it was pretty good really, but the scroll wheel was awful -- it was a loose rubber band around a stationary plastic wheel, no ratcheting at all, and middle click had a noticable lag between clicking and actually performing whatever action you wanted. It doesn't even freescroll, which would be the only reason I would give up the ratchet option for. Not to mention that despite being a Microsoft product, it completely screwed the driver install up after being plugged into my Win 7 machine, making USB inoperable and forcing me to restart and dig through the device manager to clear out the failed driver entries. At least it worked fine on the Vista (hah!).

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I used to use some super old, falling apart, dirty grimy cloth pad with a silicone wrist rest. Eventually though I got used to just using my drawing tablet as a mousepad, which works fine with my logitech G1 and M310 but has occassional issues with some other mice. It works well for me, since if I feel like just sketching something out, I can shove the mouse off the thing and start.

If it wasn't for the tablet being very mousepad like (it is similar to a Vistablet PenPad) I probably would just use that cheap standard sized Mario Party mousepad I got awhile ago. I'd probably only upgrade to one of those fancy pads if cloth pads become unable to hold up well or track accurately, which I haven't seen happen too often personally.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'd say that maybe the mouse cord is picking up signal crap from something, but you did say you tried it on multiple computers so it probably is something else.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'd say that maybe keeping a paintbrush or q-tips around to clean the mouse might be a good solution, except that if it's happening every week then I suppose that could wind up getting really annoying really quick.

Also I just recently picked up a G100s, and it's pretty much very similar to the G1 I was using, though I don't care for the new cord which comes out a little lower and thus bashes into the top of my mousing surface (a drawing tablet), and it is stiffer, which creates more resistance and can 'push' the mouse around if you let go if it while it has a kink in it. Not a huge fan of the anti-sweat hydrophobic coating or whatever, but not a huge dealbreaker.

Haven't had it long enough to really have things sink in, but it looks like the no-prediction sensor is indeed working as intended:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Apparition posted:

What are your guys' thoughts on the Steelseries brand of mice?

The Kinzu v2 is pretty nice, even as a big fan of Logitech I really like the shape and grip on the Kinzu; it's just a shame that the sensor and buttons occasionally give me random minor problems that I just don't have with my Logitechs. The one I received was a gift, it was on sale at woot for like fifteen bucks and went even lower afterwards. Also, they are pretty feature-light, though I know steelseries does have models that add side buttons and whatnot.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I bought a G100s awhile ago because I wanted to see how it was compared to my old G1. While the specs and parts are technically better, I think I liked the feel of the G1's tracking more, even though they're essentially the same shape and size.

Of course, paying $20 for the experience, not out of necessity,since I also have a kinzu v2, a m305, said G1, a couple of crappy logitech/microsoft mice I hate, and recently a cheap hp optical I got for free, all of which still work.

e: Oh yeah a e-blue Cobra (junior) I got because super cheap on Amazon. One of them is on my nephew's LoL machine and it astounds me that it still seems to work well.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I have a kinzu v2 and those are very lightweight and feel excellent. The only reason I went back to my Logitech G1 versus the G100s and kinzu is the fact that the old guy works perfectly with the drawing tablet that I have running double duty as a mousepad, the kinzu messes up quite often on it and both the kinzu and the G100s has the occasional oddity with sticking clicks, which I attribute to the one-piece design of the buttons as opposed to separate ones.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Alkalines are so terrible that I'm starting to consider switching everything I use to NiMHs. If I didn't live with other people who don't understand how rechargables work I'd have done so a long time ago.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah that thread is useless for anything but mechanical keyboards but that's okay because you probably should get one anyway.

Don't do it! You'll be ruined by them and be unable to type on anything else ever anymore :gonk:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

SpookyLizard posted:

While this is slightly off topic, I didn't see a mouse pad thread, which we don't really need to have it's own thread, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a mouse pad or if that poo poo really matters at all? I have one that's well worn the gently caress out, and is sliding around all the time, and was just curious if there was anything that really mattered in a mouse pad or if I should get something that won't slide around very much when I use my mouse?

Shampoo and throughly rinse the top, wash the bottom, let it dry for a few days in the sun, presto, good as new.

Well, not always, I usually have to rinse and dry a few times before it gets all the soap out. But basically, if it does what you need it to do, it's usually the best to stick with a similar mouse pad -- it all boils down to preference. It doesn't matter if it has super thick or wafer-thin hard plastic, is made of glass or has wrist rests, or glows at night to help you see, if your arm feels uncomfortable using it.

Note that some types of mouse pad don't work so well with certain mice. I used basic cloth mouse pads for a long time, then I started using my drawing tablet as a mouse mat, and though my G1 is very happy on it my new-fangled G100s and SteelSeries Kinzu v2 aren't 100% responsive on the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Amazon's having a up to 50% off select Logitech items sale for today, ends in 18 hours. Mostly looking like a handful of wireless mice and keyboards.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=nav_cs_gb