Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Goo posted:

We own our own factory so this is pretty unlikely in the case of Logitech mice specifically.

Hey Goo; is there a known issue with the G703 scroll wheel? When I scroll maybe 1 in three rotations of the wheel causes the mouse to think I’m scrolling in the opposite direction to what I’m actually scrolling. Scrolling though a long document basically causes the page to bounce up and down.

Or is it just a freak issue with my specific mouse? I’m going to take it back to the store; trying to decide if I should be getting another G703 or not. I really like the mouse other than this issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Goo posted:

We have created a firmware update to address this behavior. In some cases an RMA is required. Before running the firmware update please make sure the USB cable and receiver can be plugged directly into a USB port on the PC, as hubs can cause timing issues with the firmware updater and prevent it from finishing properly.

Thanks! I'll report back with the results. I had tried checking for a firmware update through LGS, but it didn't find one.

Edit: My problem appears to be fixed! Thanks Goo. I'm glad I waited to hear from you, you saved me the hassle of going back to the store.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 9, 2018

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

If that's the only thing keeping you from buying a G603 then it's worth noting that the 703 is the same shape but with separate buttons

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Some feedback for Goo, now that I've been using my G703 for over 6 months:

it's a much better mouse than my G602 in terms of shape and whatnot, but I much, much prefered the G602 system of swapping out a pair of AA batteries every 5 or 6 months to the new system of having to plug the mouse in to charge it every other day. The main reason for this is that the cable for charging the mouse is far too short, and doesn't reach my mousepad, so it's a struggle to use the mouse when it's charging.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Goo posted:

This is why we made G603. It's a G703 shape that lasts 2x as long as G602 on 2 AA batteries.

That's good to know; I don't think it was available where I live at the time I bought my 703 or I would have given it a hard look. I do prefer the separate buttons on the 703 though, although thats a super minor thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

isndl posted:

Still haven't figured out why nobody will put the thumb buttons in the groove where your thumb actually rests instead of just above it. :sigh:

Because depending on how you hold your mouse, you need to apply grip there; which would cause you to press the button when you don't want to? Some people even pick up their mouse and reposition it.